View Poll Results: Better?
Joe Cole v. Sweden 38 49.35%
Argentinas 2nd v. S & M 39 50.65%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Sniper

[ QUOTE ]

This whole process is rediculous

You guys clammored for a response and he gave you one. He basically said "you are right, I was wrong" but of course that's not enough. Now you want details on how he'll mod in the future, which is impossible to do completely out of any context. Not that I'm even convinced that anything he says will make people satisfied.

You guys act like you've never made any mistakes in your modding during the past 6 months. I think all three choices were bad ones and I hope that I wouldn't make the same errors, but at the same time I hope that when I do make "an error" that I'm not witch-hunted like this.

Some of you don't think his other contributions should matter at all in this process. I completely disagree. Other contributions to 2+2 show a committment to the betterment of the site as a whole and indicate to me a willingness to learn and grow for that end.

Then there's this whole issue of timely response, which to me is a clear indication of the excessive zeal in this spot.

Nothing I say is going to change what people think, but it needed to be said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with a lot of what Berge20 has stated. I thought the sniper response was well thought out and to the point. He pointed out his mistakes, said he was sorry and he would utilize it as a learning experience for future decision. I don't think he could have said it better and it was more than I expected.

As for the lag or timeframe for the response I do not see a problem. If he was a full time paid employee I could see telling him to work on nothing but researching his past decisions and a response. But as a volunteer employee many of us also have full time jobs, families, homes and hobbies that consume much of our time. I thought it was fine that he took a few days to go back over his modding history and draft a response. It is possible he even wanted time to sleep on his response and decisions to ensure he was reacting in the manner a clear mind should. It is not like a couple of days are going to matter much in the history of the internet.

I think Mat made an excellent decision. I think sniper needs a little break from the mod forum and a few of the mods need a break from sniper. Hopefully the end result will be an even better long range environment for 2+2. Mat stated he was stressed out and I can only imagine how stressed out sniper must have been. I think sniper really tries to do what is best for the forums but he just thinks differently than some of the other mods.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 PM

Jim,

You seem like a really nice guy.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 PM

while we're waiting for ryan to make some sense of the mess, i want everyone to know that i pmd sniper and told him that exile isn't working and that he can come address concerns.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jim,

You seem like a really nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Diablo,

Thank you for those kind words. I hope my sarcasm detector is working correctly and I am correct in thinking you are not still being sarcastic! :&gt I do try to treat others right and am big on letting people know when they are 'on probation or getting their last chance'.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 PM

Jim,

Nah, I think you likely really are a nice guy. I think the same of Mat. I disagree with both of you on a number of things, how we perceive others, and various other subjective matters of judgement. But I think both of you seem to be really nice guys.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:57 AM

While waiting for Ryan I have reached my decision. This situation needs to be handled as if it were a 'normal workplace'. Even though mods are volunteers, they should still be treated as employees. All employees need to get along and act like adults.

Terminated employees will fall under two categories. Which category an offense belongs is totally at Mat Sklansky's discretion but the following guidelines exist:

The first category is major infractions and will result in immediate dismissal. A major infraction is defined, but not confined, as a sexual advancement towards Mat, Mason or David. The only exceptions are issued for Felicia Lee and Brandi (should she ever become mod). Sexual advances from Felicia Lee or Brandi shall be rewarded with a whole collection of 2+2 books, a 2+2 polo shirt and the exclusive 2+2 thong and bra designed and knitted by Mike Haven. The thong and bra shall be modeled, photo shoots taken by dominic and posted in the 2+2 mod forum and the appropriate modeling fees distributed.

The second category is defined as minor infractions. These are generally categorized as minor modding outside your forum, excessive bickering with other mods and telling Mat 'he did not fall far from the tree'. The first offense will result in a verbal warning to the offending mod. The second offense will be an official sixty day probation. At the end of sixty days Mat will make the decision to terminate the modding agreement, extend the sixty day probation period or place the offending mod back 'within the general mod population'.

With these guideline retroactively in effect since the 2+2 forums were created I can only see one line of punishment for this situation. I am forced to place sniper on sixty days probation and am requiring Mat Sklansky to evaluate the situation in sixty days. In those sixty days I expect sniper to act like a role model moderator, respect his peers and also receive the same respect in return.

Thank you,

Ryan Beal

please note: this is a parody and Ryan Beal has not hacked Jim Kuhn's account. These views are solely held by Jim Kuhn and are not necessarily those held by 2+2, other moderators nor advertisers. NEXT ISSUE! Did someone mention something about world hunger?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:34 AM

Jim,

I confess, I always thought of you as a little up tight, although a nice guy. The above post, however, changes things, and is awesome.