Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

[ QUOTE ]
I was happy to see his west coast swing get a call-back, too. I didn't think Pasha brought it as hard in his call-back as he did for the original performance, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah what was up with that west coast swing? It didn't have nearly the amount of energy or excitement as the original. How did that happen?

[ QUOTE ]

You have a routine you most wanted to see again, but that didn't get called back, Katy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should tell you I missed the first 15 minutes of the show, so I'm not sure if they performed my favorites or not.

One of my favorites was the Viennese Waltz with Lacey and Danny [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I would have loved to have seen it again. I also really liked the dance for the throne, with Danny and Neil, and the angel and evil one with Lauren and Neil.

One of my favorite dances was performed in the finale, though -- the samba (with Lacey and Danny)... Hip Hip Chin Chin, oh my god SO FREAKIN HOT. I also liked the foxtrot that Danny and Anya performed, as well as the vagabond routine with Sara and Jesus.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked that Sabra won it. I guess the judges were pushing her, but to me, she just never seemed to stand out as much at any particular aspect of dancing as much as any of the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had noticed for many weeks that Mary and Nigel were pushing her on us. I agree with you, Wookie, she didn't stand out to me that much, not like Lacey and Jaime and Lauren did. Nigel made a pretty dramatic speech the night before voting. He said he thought a girl should win and you could tell that he favored Sabra. I think this had to have an effect.

In addition to the Nigel/Mary sway, I think there were moments on stage (and behind the scenes) when Lacey came across as a little immature. I thought it was pretty fascinating that such a young, silly girl could dance so phenomenally well. She was really sexy and professional on the dance floor. Anyway, it's possible that her goofiness turned off some of America. Not sure.

Now why they voted for Sabra over Neil or Danny is beyond me. I truly think it is because Fox and especially Nigel were campaigning on her behalf. I think that had a tremendous influence. One web site I read called her a powerhouse pixie. I think her petite size and her big smile made people really want to root for her.

I don't know where she grew up but I heard her say she was born in Europe (I think) and I read that her mom lives in Idaho.

Sabra Trivia:

- her favorite choreographers were Tony and Melanie who did the ballroom dances.
- Nigel thinks she'd be great at Latin dances but she said they are extremely difficult.
- the girl she most admired on the show was Jamie. She said Jamie was her toughest competition because she is "perfection". Btw, I think Jamie goes to the same dance studio as Danny and last year's runnerup, Blake (whose mom runs it).
- her goal is to be a dancer in a contemporary ballet company. She said that style of dance is really difficult and demanding and she has a long way to go before she's there.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 PM

Well, neither of your two favorites were danced. They didn't do the Viennese waltz or the dance for the throne. I did like the dance for the throne, but I didn't expect them to do a dance that had just been aired the day before.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 PM

Wednesday Night!

Tonight I'm watching this new reality show called Anchorwoman. I'm not exactly sure what's going on but I think it's pretty funny. They have a swimsuit model doing the news and the real anchorwomen look pretty pissed off that she's able to step in and do what they went to school for. The men in the studio are practically leering at her.

Top Chef? Are they repeating the restaurant opening, does anyone know?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM

Top Chef usually repeats the last one or two episodes, and the new one comes on late.

On Anchorwoman -- I think swimsuit school is actually the school they go to. Maybe they're just mad the new girl graduated cum laude.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:19 PM

OMG that show made me laugh so hard. The real anchorwomen are steamed. This model girl is getting all the attention and is going to rise in the ranks quicker than they are. JEALOUS. They definitely have a grievance but the swimsuit model is freakin hilarious. She acts like a drunk 9th grader. Soooo inappropriate and dumb but really engaging [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Man, I hope Odell watched it tonight. I want his opinion.

Blarg and Wook, you HAVE to watch this one with me. You would be laughing your head off.

Top Chef new episode at 10:00?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:49 PM

It's 10:00 PST when I've seen it.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 8/25

Anchorwoman cancelled after 1 airing. Here's the story.