Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: ePassporte is good for other stuff besides gambling

I will check his credentials, starting now.

In the meantime, do NOT post your password.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 AM

Michael,
Thanks for making your presence known. That's a great move for epassporte. I agree with AA. Get the mods to certify you.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 AM

Does anyone know if you need to have a visa card in order to get an epassporte account, or can you fund it with a regular bank account?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM

(anyone dumb enough to post their password deserves to get defrauded)

Michael: assuming you don't pull a Mike O'Malley (Party Poker rep who would periodically show up, make a spammy post about Party's features and promise to answer Q's, and then never show his face again until it was time to spam some more; although I'm slightly leery since you are apparently also a "Mike O."), please address how your company intends to treat the US legislation.

Neteller has come out and said that even though they are a UK company and beyond the reach of the law's jurisdiction, they are going to treat it as though it applied to them anyway! While no one knows quite what this means, it's assumed that it means that once the regulations are formulated by the US Dept. of Justice and take full effect, Neteller will implement a policy that prevents US customers from transferring money to gaming sites.
(The importance of this, of course, is that it doesn't even matter if the US government decides to label Neteller a 'gambling site'...because it's Neteller who is VOLUNTARILY imposing restrictions on Americans.)

So can you please address whether ePassporte has any intention to restrict the use of its services to Americans? And secondly, do you or your lawyers think think the US government, in formulating its guidelines for implementation of the new gambling laws, might take a look at ePassporte and determine that it's really nothing more than a portal to get money on gaming sites, and therefore label you a gaming site yourself, hence preventing US financial institutions from processing transactions with you (and effectively preventing Americans from using your service to fund their online poker accounts.) (The US gov. has already come out and said that they intend to apply the law both to gambling sites, AND to services that they determine are just financial middlemen for these gambling sites...which should give you cause for concern.)

Thanks,

(and by the way, I used ePassporte about 3 years ago and had a HORRIBLE experience...the customer support staff was very rude and unaccomodating, I was on hold for 20-30 minutes at a time, and I found that the Visa Electron card that I had through you wasn't accepted by ANY merchants. Hope these things have been fixed now.)
Old 01-02-2007, 11:12 AM

No problem in verifying that I indeed do work for ePassporte.
I responded to the email Mike Haven send me, I will hold on posting until I confirmed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 AM

Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 11:29 AM

You need a credit card or a US bank account to open an account and load funds into it.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:41 AM

I work support not marketing so I won't be spamming [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I will monitor the board on a regular basis.

I apologize for the problems you had when you contacted customer service we have improved and continue to improve our customer service, if any one here has a bad experience contacting CS please bring it to my attention.

Our legal department have reviewed the new legislation passed with the Port Security Act and we see no problems continuing with our current business model. We have no plans of limiting the use of ePassporte.com for US based card holders.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will monitor the board on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]