Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Official Poker Site/Network Tracking thread

very true. but there's a big downswing for Party/Paradise and a well notable upswing for Full Tilt which are quite visible already.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:00 PM

have we confirmed that Absolute has purchased and will be merging with UB?

If so that sets them up to be a major player in the post party world
Old 10-14-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper, is the September 24h Peak a specific day in Sept, or the highest volume in any contiguous 24 hours in the entire month?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sept 24h peak, represents the max 24h peak at each individual poker site for the month of September... so, the Sept total is not a great (but still ok) baseline when compared to other totals, but it a great baseline for each of the individual sites, imo.

It is worth noting that aside from a day of the week bias, poker sites also have seasonal/monthly traffic patterns...
Old 10-14-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding those Friday figures, yesterday included 10 hours or so from midnight to 10a of US players playing on party didn't it? So next Friday's figure would seem to be the best barometer yet of the numbers for both party and overall wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
As Sniper noted, the peak data from Friday is solid because Party was up and running well before peak Euro time.

A better barometer would be a 7-day average taken about 10-14 days from now, after people have had a chance to react and hopefully find new sites to play at. Compare that to a 7-day average from September and you'd have a good idea of the change in the overall size of the market.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I would like to ask you whether your policy is to only include a new site in your tracking by their request or not. I was wondering if some smaller sites just didn't want it known how small they were and purposefully avoid trying to have comparisons made?

[/ QUOTE ]
No site has ever objected to our coverage, at least not to us. Some have actually approached us asking to be added. We'll usually make a deal with the smaller sites to get them on the list.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, great site you've got and keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]
TYVM. There are many more things we'd like to do with the site, so it will continue to improve over time.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a daily updated graph with a moving 7-day average might be the the easiest...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can get a graph to show something better than a big block of lines stacked between 1K-3K, I'll post a graph once we have some more data...
Old 10-14-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, there have been discussions, but no confirmation on a deal...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, there have been discussions, but no confirmation on a deal...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first I've heard of this...any link?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:26 PM

What happened to the reports that Party would lose roughly 80% of their player base when the U.S. got blocked? It seems to me that rumors of Party's imminent demise were greatly exaggerated. No doubt, Party's taken a huge hit and they'll never be #1 again unless they re-enter the U.S. market, but they've been sitting comfortably in 2nd place for the past 2 days and their peak numbers are still roughly half of what they were pre-ban.

It will certainly take time to see the upswing at Stars and FullTilt, but Party's numbers won't be dropping any further than they are now, unless non-U.S. players voluntarily start leaving. But with Party still sitting as the #2 poker site out there, I don't see a mass exodus happening. It's certainly not the doomsday scenario some were predicting, where they would lose 80% of their business instantly and the rest would bail out shortly thereafter due to poor game selection.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first I've heard of this...any link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post7653363
Old 10-14-2006, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened to the reports that Party would lose roughly 80% of their player base when the U.S. got blocked? It seems to me that rumors of Party's imminent demise were greatly exaggerated. No doubt, Party's taken a huge hit and they'll never be #1 again unless they re-enter the U.S. market, but they've been sitting comfortably in 2nd place for the past 2 days and their peak numbers are still roughly half of what they were pre-ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've gone from a peak of 16K earlier in the year to 6.5K now, which is a 60% loss. While that is distorted somewhat no doubt by the figures varying during the year for all sites with the seasons, nonetheless they seem to have lost around 1/2 their player base at least, even though that still leaves them in 2nd place.