Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 12-01-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: A4s BDFD

v easy fold
Old 12-01-2007, 01:54 PM

A4s is looking for wheels, nut flush and two pair holdings in a large multiway pot.

Your Ace is a bad draw actually since it costs a lot of money when you hit and are outkicked and pays little when no one has an ace.

Two backdoor draws and an out for the Ace. I feel comfortable folding.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your Ace is a bad draw actually since it costs a lot of money when you hit and are outkicked and pays little when no one has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think you make most of your money from hands like A4s when you flop TP and no one has you outkicked. you dont collect river bets but you collect lots of bets along the way when everyone misses.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:29 PM

That's fine if you don't have to pay to play the draw but this flop was bet.

Guys lose more than they win here by hoping for the ace more often than not.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i think you make most of your money from hands like A4s when you flop TP and no one has you outkicked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, with a four (almost) anyone with an Ace will have me outkicked!! Anyway...

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

The K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] made me cringe a tiny bit, and the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] relaxed that, but even another spade wouldn't have made calling the flop the right play. BTW, both UTG+1 and CO showed KQ and split the pot. Thanks to all for the advice.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:16 AM

You saw the flop cheaply ..things did not work out.

Fold it.

Top pair is not good enough here.. if you improve your ace you still lose.. If you get a 4 your might lose.. you really wanted a flush draw here.. I give you 1.5 outs for your BDFD and since the pot wasn't raised preflop.. I don't think you have the odds to call.