Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Effectiveness of spreading a petition to get Pats v. Giants on TV?

I'd rather be lucky than good. WTF.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 AM

the cable system I have that blacks out the NFL Network games is Knology in the Florida Panhandle.
there is a thing that scrolls across that my cable-carrier doesn't subscirbe to the package that has Thur and Sat prime-time games and that if I want to see these games I should call my cable-company because our calls can make a difference.

It's freaking embarassing.

In other news, I was driving for most of the night and think I preferred listening to Dick Enberg and Dennis Green on Westwood One radio anyway.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what you are saying is that you get Fox Sports AZ for all but 3 hours a week and some other guy gets NFLN for all but 3 hours a week? And it's not the same??

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not the same. I don't get Fox Sports AZ for Suns games because I choose not to pay extra to get it.

Some other people get NFL Network all but 3 hours a week, but not because of their choice. Their cable provider is in a pissing match with the NFL. People with that particular cable provider can't get the games, even if they were willing to spend extra to get it.

(It should be noted that this situation is rare. For most cable providers, you either get all of NFL Network of none of it. At least one provider (Wow!) is showing NFL Network all week except the game.) Source

[/ QUOTE ]

You are paying extra for that channel. Your provider is not paying extra on top of that to broadcast the games. Fortunately you have another avenue to rectify the situation whereas Microbob does not.

If your provider didn't ante up for the right to offer League Pass you are in the same boat. Locally you would get the game, not local you don't. And just like you said, even if you wanted to pay extra for the games you wouldn't be able to.

So it is the same situation, the only difference is his provider didn't cave to the NFL. Yours did to the NBA (in the form of offering League Pass).
Old 11-30-2007, 08:18 PM

I listened to an interview where they were discussing the price per channel on a cable TV bill.

The single CNN channel is about $.40 on your bill. If you took the single channel cost of NFL network, it would be $.83.

Now obviously CNN is owned by turner broadcasting which Time Warner Cable owns. Still you can see how much higher the cost is for NFL network compared to one of the most popular cable channels out there.