Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Let\'s Read

Wait so is this happening? You should start a separate thread for each book. I personally think it's a great idea.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:29 AM

While not a financial book per se, I nominate "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand simply because it's a hugely inspirational book that should be read by everyone imo.

Kirk
Old 11-10-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read the 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss and thought it was incredible. I would highly highly recommend it. I read it (~300 pages) in one sitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

has anyone else read this?

i was looking at it in the shop the other day but was wary of the fact that the only review on the cover was from the chicken soup for the soul guy,also the "if it sounds too good to be true" maxim sprung to mind,what are this guys credentials? is he well respected?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read the 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss and thought it was incredible. I would highly highly recommend it. I read it (~300 pages) in one sitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is a very good book. I am already starting to use people from India to work for me.

I don't really need or want to work 4 hours a week but he has very good ways to improve your business.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:18 PM

Actually its probably one of the best outsource / delegate your life books.

The other would be E-Myth with Michael Gerber.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has anyone else read this?

i was looking at it in the shop the other day but was wary of the fact that the only review on the cover was from the chicken soup for the soul guy,also the "if it sounds too good to be true" maxim sprung to mind,what are this guys credentials? is he well respected?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter.

Go to amazon.com, 440 reviews, 90-95% good. The people that don't like him are 100% people that wouldn't survive in business.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:45 AM

bump

I looked through the thread and there were a lot of suggestions but its hard to know if the book is for a beginner or expert. Any suggestions for beginners/intermediate books? Im a finance major and just started taking my finance classes this semester so Im not a total noob but would like some suggestions on where to start. Ive read Rich Dad Poor Dad and have Graham's Intelligent Investor but want to hold off on reading that until I have a little more knowledge.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While not a financial book per se, I nominate "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand simply because it's a hugely inspirational book that should be read by everyone imo.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumping this post because... omg... I want the last 4 years of my life back. So many of my thoughts/feelings through college were put into words in this book and I wish I had read it sooner. I've read 650/1150 pages and I can't stop reading. fwiw I've only voluntarily read 1 other book in my life because I typically find them boring. I can't think of any book I read through all of school that could possibly be higher on the priority list for developing minds than this one.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:05 AM

I am almost finished reading "Bubble Man" by Peter Hartcher, about Alan Greenspan and the stock market bubble. I recommend it for anyone.