Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Default This would be a nice new feature if possible on Vb

Can we have ban history and the comments attached to them dated and timestamped somewhere in a user's profile? This would really lighten the need to add comments for people. I think it would be a nice feature.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: This would be a nice new feature if possible on Vb

I'm with you on this, and have even had thoughts about taking this a step further. I think that having some kind of automated feature that saves all Mod action permanently in the user's profile that's being changed would be a huge plus for all of us. That would/could include the following...

1)date/time that action was taken
2)name of the Mod that made changes
3)what changes were made... like a ban, new notes, changed location or avatar, new custom title, etc.

This would save a lot of time and effort. It would also put an end to the "who did this or that" questions. "Who banned this guy?" "Who gave this member a custom title?" None of these things would be issues any longer. We could simply look at the members profile and see a complete history of any/all changes made to that user, along with when, who, and why. It could help with taking more strict action against repeat offenders, and help on many other areas.

Now these are all things that Mods are supposed to be leaving in the notes anyway. But as we all know, some Mods are failing to do this. Some because they're being shady and others because they simply forget. This would put an end to all of this. I think it would be an excellent addition and cut down on many of the questions, troubles, and drama.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: This would be a nice new feature if possible on Vb

Agree.