Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-10-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Grandfathered Building Lot? Massachusetts property contained 3 lots..

I recently purchased a home in Ashburnham, MA which contained 3, seperate 8800 sq ft lots. The house, sitting on lot #3, uses town water and sewer. Based on current zoning neither lot #1 or lot #2 would have sufficient square footage to be considered a feasible building lot, however, to my knowledge these lots have never been merged. The question is one that I will ask in a more general manner rather then one specific to Ashburnham, MA. Do grandfather clauses generally apply to lots with no structure currently on them or only to lots with structures currently located on the lot?

Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Grandfathered Building Lot? Massachusetts property contained 3 lo

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I'm currently enrolled in classes entitled "Real Estate Finance" and "Land Use Planning" both taught by practicing/adjunct professors in law school. The bad news is that I have no idea. The other good news is that if you want to give me the specifics I could ask them.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Grandfathered Building Lot? Massachusetts property contained 3 lo

This seems like it would be specific to the area and can probably only be answered by zoning boards or someone in a related area that answers those questions.