Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 10-27-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Guide my holiday Eurotrip 2p2

I’ve managed to secure a little extra cash, and a friend randomly suggested that we go to Amsterdam for about a week and a half. What was first a joke seems to really be taking off into a full Europe trip. At the moment we’re looking at Paris for the 22nd of December, then the Netherlands or wandering for the remainder of the trip. My question would be, what MUST I see? Are there any really good flight deals I need to look for ($700 to Paris is best I've seen)? And what is the real world situation on Hostels? I’m looking at a budget of about 2k including flight. Suggestions and tips would be great as I’ve never traveled civilian before.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Guide my holiday Eurotrip 2p2

You could easily spend a week in Paris alone, and there are threads discussing what to do there. Keep in mind that it will be uncomfortably cold and the days will be very short in late December.

For that reason, you might consider heading to the south of France or to northern Italy. The Med. generally has a much more moderate climate than the rest of Europe.

Hostels are hit-or-miss, but can strech out your budget greatly. In the winter you might prefer hotels with an off-season discount (which should be almost any tourist-oriented place outside of Switzerland and other skiing places) to hostels. After a day of walking around outside you're going to want to take a warm shower and get comfortable, and a hotel is generally better for this. Also due to the shortness of the days you'll probably spend a bit more time in the hotel than you would have during the summer.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Guide my holiday Eurotrip 2p2

You don't go in Paris for the weather that's for sure.