Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Chicago Area

Heading to Chicago area this weekend.

Resorts or Majestic for some Cash NL

Was going to do the "Normal" tourneys but forgot about the HPT being there.

How's the action while the Heartland Poker Tour is going on?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Chicago Area

Both have good action on Friday night.

Resorts has the bigger games 5/10 NL (1000 max) and on Friday 10/20 NL; MJ2 biggest game is 2/5 NL (300 max). Not sure what effect the HPT has on the games b/c I have never been there during the tourney. Any thoughts on that? Any changes to the games being spread?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heading to Chicago area this weekend.

Resorts or Majestic for some Cash NL

Was going to do the "Normal" tourneys but forgot about the HPT being there.

How's the action while the Heartland Poker Tour is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]
late friday night they will close all the tables down, so if your an all night player, id go to resorts if you have the bankroll for it. their 1000 game gets pretty crazy with lots of money flying around. i didnt think the players were anything special.
Evening will be good either place, and the HPT willl definitely increase the action!
I prefer Majestic myself. They also will open 1000NL games at night, and will def. start a want list if you request. A table will open!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:18 PM

FYI, Resorts also has started spreading a $1-$2/300 max NL game that is nice as well, as far as 1-2 games go.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM

That is great news to here!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 PM

Last time the Heartland was at Majestic, I was playing 5-10 NL at Resorts Saturday afternoon and the game was good. Throughout the day lots of good players trickled in crushed with their various bustout stories.

-Earlier in the day a lot of the better regulars will be playing in the Heartland.

-As the afternoon goes on, lots of good players will be playing after they bust.

-They may not be on their A game or focused as they woke up that morning thinking they would be playing for 200k.

I'm hoping I can shake this cold tonight and head to Resorts tommorrow morning.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:41 AM

Resorts just started a $95 buy-in holdem tournament on Sundays at 2pm. For more info www.cardclubs.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=165
Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 AM

I was there on wednesday night (7/25), and pulled an all nighter. They had a HPT 500$ quailfier that night, and when it was over the action heated up. About 1030pm I was playing 1/2NL, and looked over at the cage. I saw 2 large black men, first lean, second looked like a WWE guy. Turns out it was Shuan Marion (Phx suns all star)and his body guard. He ended playing in a 5/10 1K max game untill sometime after I left (530am). I watched a few hands, and I will tell you, these nuts were just letting chips fly...they didnt seem to care much from what I could tell. Wish I had the roll to even buy in short that night, would have been fun.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:05 AM

resorts has a juicy nl 5/10 (1k max) game, and it reminds me of playing 100 max anywhere else. The poker room is right next to their high limit room (same floor) and I think alot of high roller degens like to come gamble. There is a regular named osama, he runs some hair salon or some [censored], and is a huge fish. At first you may think the guy is just a LAG, but he really calls off half his stak with middle pair, over plays top pair weak kicker, etc. He is probably the best regular there lol...
Old 08-01-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm looking for a tournament to play in on the 12th of Aug, a Sunday, and am trying to decide between the 1pm Majestic Freeze Out or that new Gauranteed at the Resorts, both around 100$.

Has any1 here played in either of them? How do the structures compare?

Obviously my goal is to play more poker, avoid crap shoots...

Thanks in advance.