Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Bluetooth

[ QUOTE ]
Beef with Bluetooth headsets:

The nice benefit of a phone is that when you're speaking, you project into the phone, and not open air. People tend to fail to modulate their voice, or even talk louder, and now what you're left with is [censored] shouting. I'm not really sure why this is something we need to enable.

[/ QUOTE ]

People talk louder into cell phones because you don't hear your own voice through the earpiece like on a regular phone. I don't know why the phones are different, but I remember reading that somewhere.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only practical thing I use bluetooth for nowadays is hooking up my laptop and my pda to my cell so I can get high speed internet wherever I go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made this prediction repeatedly in work meetings a couple years ago. Everyone laughed at me. Stupid Azzholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you a VC? That's not a good sign for your investors.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:06 PM

I have a bluetooth frogpad, which I use as an input device for a Dell Axim pda. One day if I'm feeling really geeky, I'll add some velcro straps to the back of the frogpad and have a wearable computer.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM

I have a bluetooth headset for my phone which I rarely use now becuase my Prius has a bluetooth speakerphone built in. My phone is also a PDA(Samsung i730), so I have a bluetooth dongle for my computer which allows me to sync up for e-mail, contacts, appointments etc.

My favorite thing is my wireless bluetooth headphones which I pair with my phone to listen to XM Radio Online. The headphones also have a companion piece which allows me to pair up to any audio source with a 3.5mm output(Ipod, Stereo, TV etc).
Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 PM

i connect my phone to my desk computer via bluetooth and use salling clicker (www.sallingclicker.com) so i can control itunes from anywhere in the house using my phone, or use my phone as a dvd player remote. its pretty cool, but not terribly useful or necesary.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:13 PM

Phone, PDA, Headset, Computer are all linked together via Bluetooth. Also my Wii controllers are bluetooth. I don't have a problem with my headset I don't think, atleast I've never gotten complaints while using it.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:32 PM

My Wiimote uses Bluetooth technology.

I have the Borg earpiece but only use it when my hands aren't free because it's a pain in the ass.

My laptop has Bluetooth, but I haven't used it for anything as yet.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it drives me nuts when people continue wearing their bluetooth headsets in situations where they're extremely unlikely to use them: holiday get-togethers, etc. it gives a distracted look, and i find it difficult to seriously engage them in conversation when it looks as if they could launch into a second one or leave at any moment. it's like they're standing in an open doorway with their keys in their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

spot on sir. i wouldnt talk to someone in this spot unless it was a client i was being paid to talk to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and will go a step further. If someone is wearing their Bluetooth while they work, I suppose that's okay. But I've seen people wearing them IN restaurants WITH their families. Every time I see this, I think one word: TOOL. Seriously, who thinks that the Bluetooth is a fashion accessory?

Again...working, driving - fine. But take the damn thing off if you're not using it.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 PM

I have a Tom Tom ONE GPS which has BlueTooth speakerphone capabilities, as well as the ability to download weather and traffic data via the connected cell. Only problem is my Blackberry is locked, and therefore cannot be used with the Tom Tom. I hear that not all Blackberries have this problem, its unique to my series (8700g) due to network restrictions with T Mobile. Kinda sucks, but at least the Blackberry has a speakerphone so I can still talk while driving.

If anyone knows of a way to unlock the Blackberry so I can use it to connect via Bluetooth to the Tom Tom please let me know!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 02:53 PM

TT, I'm told that if you've been a customer in good standing for 90 days, T-Mobile will give you the unlock code for free. Contact them at 800-937-8997. If you need a reason you could always claim you are considering overseas travel, but from what I hear, they will give you one unlock code every 90 days anyway. You can also do it on the web at https://my.t-mobile.com/ContactUs.aspx