Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Knocked Up (the movie)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this movie was great. I usually don't say this, but it's definitely worth paying $11 to go see in the theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

No movie is worth paying 11 bucks to sit in a theater and watch.

However, most movies are worth the 45 minutes it takes to bootleg 'em off the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't have a girlfriend.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many of the guys on this forum think it would be realistic that they would like to have a baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, realistically the movie would have entailed a 15 minute trip to the pharmacy for the morning after pill.

[/ QUOTE ]

She thought he had a condom on. Did you even watch the movie?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 AM

grunching thread. I went with 3 girls to see this last night, they all thought it was great. I prob. liked it more than them though.

it's more datey/cutesy than 40 YO virgin, but also funnier.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:25 AM

I'm honestly really surprised by the ball-washing this movie has received here and in the press. Lots of funny one-liners, sure, but I was otherwise sorely disappointed. The plot was simultaneously preposterous and totally predictable. The ending was very sweet, but you knew that's what was going to end up happening after the first ten minutes of the movie.

"Knocked Up" trivia: from the looks of it, they shot the E! office footage in an actual office at E!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 PM

While I wouldn't say I was "sorely disappointed", it didn't live up to the hype for me. Still though I thought it was good, some very funny moments, and it kept me entertained until the last 1/2 hour when I too was checking my watch.

But I can't get past the fact that there is no way a chick who looks like that (and is on TV!) falls in love with that guy. He was both ugly and had a bad (i.e. loser) personality. I couldn't find the redeeming thing about him that caused her to fall for him.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't find the redeeming thing about him that caused her to fall for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a nit, dude is adorable
Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to be a dissenting voice, here. There were just too many things in the movie that defied explanation.

For example, I can understand an adult woman living with her sister, but not a married with kids sister.

Now, I can believe a smart, good-looking woman like Heigl making a mistake and banging a loser. But, I can't believe that same woman would offer to bring the guy, a stranger, home to her sister's house where there are small children present. That's not just stupid. That's f**king dangerous.

Here's another. The guys who live in the house are all broke no-pussy getting losers, yet, somehow they all managed to get into a hip club that had a long line of people waiting to get in.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please go kill yourself, seriously
Old 07-23-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Katherine Heigl is hot, but I read this quote from her a few weeks ago which totally turned me off. Luckily, it didn't ruin the movie for me. It was way too good.

"The world is still very bigoted. Go see Borat. I didn't laugh during that movie. I cried. I was horrified."

Sounds like a real fun chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, with that quote she could easily be talking about all the bigots that Borat exposes in that movie. Unless she feels for the Kazahkis, I think most of the bigotry came from the real life people in that movie. However, she is taking it a little too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

She obviously was talking about the people like Alan Keyes and the guy at the rodeo.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Tonight I walked over to the Farmer's Market here in LA for dinner. I walked in and as I was walking up to the Korean BBQ stand that I planned on getting dinner at, Seth Rogan walks by in the opposite direction. I think, "Cool, maybe I'll see if I can find him around later and say hey." I get to the booth and order my food. Just as I'm done, I turn around and there he is in line behind me. Not really being prepared for anything I say, "Hey man, how's it going?" He stares at me for a sec trying to figure out if he should recognize me, before he says, "Good, man."

I move on and I end up standing next to him for a couple minutes while our food was being made. He was doing some stuff on his phone, so I decided not to bother him. There were probably 30 or people around and I was the only one I could tell that recognized him, so I gave him his peace instead of saying something stupid like, "So, did you really get to bone Katherine Heigl?"

On the way out I saw him sitting at a table with his parents (he looks a lot like them) and some girl who was either his sister or a girlfriend...I'm not sure which.

Since this was such a boring TR, I'll complete it by saying the kalbi was pretty good.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 PM

this movie was not very funny