Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: My Story (tl; dr)

I think one trap is to think that since you are a good MTT player, you are also a good NL player. The games are similar enough to make you think it is an easy transition, but different enough to make you lose your money.

If you jump on a 2/4 NL game, you will be playing against players that play against each other every day, and know how each other plays. That doesn't happen in the MTT world.

2/4 is a trap, unless you really commit yourself.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:02 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:05 AM

You got this on lock down kid, just need to have some discipline in the BR department. Thats actually something I'm better then u at hahaha. Work your way up and rep the spartans on the big stage soon enuf.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 AM

BR is the weak spot in my game, too. I play poker for the 'fun' of it - I have no 'monthly nut', so anything left in the BR has always been enough and I've played $500 and $1.15 poker in the same week. I had a good roll before the WSOP sats twice and blew it both times on those (never getting there) and I blew a bunch on PCA seats this time (won the first one I played, seemed easy enough...played a dozen more..ziltcho). After PCA, if I don't win (I plan to), I'm going to try to grind up enough to have the roll I want and stop the take-a-shotaments (at least until the WSOP sats [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ). I'll probably do it in STTs, very small cash and small MTTs ($11R sats, etc).

If you have a wife, celebrating your 'big score' by telling her how much you won right before Christmas is -EV for bankroll management, too.

[ QUOTE ]
also, never had a backer(s) but i am accepting applications for backers

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, too. I've got a very big hairy back, you don't want to put anything on that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]