Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Default New to Omaha

Hey all i'm a hold'em player and just read the section on omaha in super system and found it interesting so gave it a try for a bit today.

I have a small sample so far but I'm running great. I dont know exact numbers since I dont have PT for omaha but I'm up 200BB after less than 100 hands at .02/.05 PLO.

People play extremely loose here and most really dont understand pot odds by the look of things so far. This game seems extremely easy to beat at this level for a lot of money. Is this true, or am I just running good here?

I've been playing .02/.05 NLHE 6max for awhile playing 9 tables and averaging close to $10 per hour but I think that if I got the hang of PLO and play 4-5 tables I could do better. People here seem to be playing hands after the flop that would be more playable in holdem but not really good enough for PLO. The table I've been playing is 80% players to the flop.

Anyhow really interesting game, I'm going to try it out for a bit methinks. Any good resources you could point me to for transitioning from NLHE to PLO?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: New to Omaha

Ok update. I really like this game. I grinded 6tables ( i know kinda wack since Im just learning the game today) and just jammed pots with big hands and big draws. Made about $25 doing that and decided to try freerolling the $25 table with my profit. I'm up $37 there now and have only been playing this table for a very short time.

I'm not rolled right now to play $25PLO but I'm considering playing $10PLO and grinding it out. What are the winrates one could expect from a decent micro holdem player who is nut peddling, and playing big draws very fast expect at these levels?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:43 PM

This would be an awesome troll.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sup? Any insight?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 PM

It seems you can not loose. Play with your whole stack the next level, double up, play a level higher and so on. Next week we will see you at the PLO 40000 at full tilt with Gus Hanson, David Benjamin and the other pros.

This will work to 100%, because Omaha is a game without swings.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems you can not loose. Play with your whole stack the next level, double up, play a level higher and so on. Next week we will see you at the PLO 40000 at full tilt with Gus Hanson, David Benjamin and the other pros.

This will work to 100%, because Omaha is a game without swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man it's ok I read the FAQ so I knew in advance that Omaha players were cranky sob's. No worries. FWIW, i normally 9 table and see 700 hands per hour. I know what variance is thx gj, nh.

I never implied i was going to take my winnings and keep moving up until I go busto. That's just dumb, sorry if I gave you that impression pal. I stated that I'm trying the game out, and also asked a few questions. I never meant to come off like I've mastered the game already or anything like that. However, my observations are correct. The game is very soft and very beatable because everybody plays like an idiot. So far I have'nt really put much money in the pot without the near nuts or a huge draw. I've been playing very tight cuz I dont know what I'm doing but so far I've gotten paid off everytime. People have a lousy pair and they stack off.

So for the non-moronic posters here, can anybody give me any indication as to what type of bb/100 one can expect at low levels? Thx.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:14 PM

10-20 BB/100 if you play well.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:37 PM

Thx man. Just to be sure thats big blinds and not big bets right? In the NL forums everybody always specifies with e.g 10PTbb/100.

Sorry for gettin so defensive, I dont want to create a bad reputation here the first day i'm posting, though I dont want to be treated like a complete moron either because I'm making a couple of assumptions about the game based on my experiences thus far.

I think I may be playing too tight preflop. Not sure. I moved to the full ring games because at least I can afford to play tighter while I try to understand the basics of the game and preflop hand values. Postflop is not too bad for me since I'm ok with counting my outs and pot odds. I really want to learn a solid preflop game plan. Not a recipe just more less a much better grasp than I currently have.

So far I've figured out that when you can make your cards into 6 different combinations and each combination has good independant potential that is good. 2 big pairs is good and AAxx is good especially with flush cards. I think I'm still folding too much preflop because the game is so loose and people are going to showdown with junk some of the time. But it's keeping me out of trouble.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sup? Any insight?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=2#Post8361246
Old 05-26-2007, 10:09 PM

You sound like you didn't read the FAQ's