Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Default look at my stats and tell me how to improve NLCASH

the subject says it all, thx

Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: look at my stats and tell me how to improve NLCASH

I don't see anything out of line here, which probably suggests the best way to improve is better game selection.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:19 PM

I've been reading 2p2 for well over 2 years now. I think I have read every post on Heads-Up in the last 6 months. Now it is finally time to make my first post.

I the beginning of the month I thought I should give HU a shot, beginning from nl50 as I prefer cash-games over sit and goes.
Since 6.9 I have been playing HUnl50 exclusively.

Now it is time to move up to nl100 and I would like to have some comments on my stats and how I should improve.
I know I'm a nit, and I will really focus on loosening my game up from here on.
For the first ~30K hands I was usually playing 3-4 tables simultanely, but for the last ~12K hands I have played max 2 (occasionally 3) tables, and as you can see from the graph, my winrate has increased dramatically.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 PM

You are EXTREMELY tight and are on a bit of a heater with your 55% won at showdown, which means you prob not Vbetting thin enough and are losing tons of value. You really need to open up your game a lot on the button. You Dont seem to be calling too much OOP which is good.

Stick to 2 tables and open up your game and you'll see your results improve. I think you'll struggle a bit at 100nl if you dont game select well playing like this, the regs will just steamroll you with relentless raising on the button
Old 11-25-2007, 09:44 PM

Your BB play seems fine (you're winning money there!), but some of your stats are different from mine. Your 3betting frequency seems high (errr, raising from the BB rate). I tend to raise less than 10% from the BB, but 14% may be ok against serial button limpers.

You probably need to valuebet thinner, as others have mentioned. High won at showdown means you either fold too many winners or check too many rivers. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:27 PM

The numbers look good cachews, but obviously they don't tell the whole story if you're looking to fix any leaks. You should go through and see if you need to cut a few hands out of your button raising or BB calling range. Maybe you like to raise any suited hand no matter what or something like that. Or will call preflop raises with ace rag offsuit too often. Or maybe you call 3bets too often with weak hands. Who knows, the numbers look fine but any leak you want to fix will be in the details. I think my numbers look solid too but I know my biggest problem is the occasional tilt induced spewfest. And those won't show up in the PT stats. I cringe whenever I go over poor sessions from a while back. Half the hands I wonder wtf I was thinking at the time. Tilt baby! Enough said.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 AM

looking at this again, your small blind play is an issue. Preflop looks fine, and your won money at showdown is very high, so I think it's just that you're not betting enough.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Out of all formats of Hold'em, I think HU is the absolute worst for looking at someone's stats and guiding them to better play.

My 2 cents is that if you post hands and not stats you will get slightly more bang for your buck.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of all formats of Hold'em, I think HU is the absolute worst for looking at someone's stats and guiding them to better play.

My 2 cents is that if you post hands and not stats you will get slightly more bang for your buck.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. It really depends on opponent and your stats should be different for every opponent. HU is a people's game.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 AM

creed,

thanks, i think you're right. i definitely feel like i check behind on the turn too much (overweighting pot control, missing thin value, etc.).

master & vine,

true, but i have trouble posting individual hands because HU is so feel based... i figure with stats you can average out all the "feel" decisions and see how you're really playing