Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Default JJ CRAI turn line

Villain is 25/6/1.2 - no other reads

I didn't see any point getting in on the flop as I'd probably only be a small favouite. Is this line ok, I'm not sure if it was the best turn card to do this on but I feel that with some kind of straight draw the villain would be less likely to raise due to the fact that it's a monotone flop. His line looks more like Tx betting for protection.

With such a strong turn would it have been better to fold. I figured if I pust any Tx hand is going to call.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $72.25
SB: $48.75
BB: $47.05
Hero (UTG): $54.05
CO: $41.60

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $9.50</font>, Hero calls $6.25

Turn: ($23.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $18.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.80 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $24.30
Old 11-29-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: JJ CRAI turn line

I like it; although I usually lead the turn, to avoid him to check behind; he might be scared.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Against a villain with these stats, I think you're in trouble a lot. I think a player like this is more likely to protect like this with something like a set than Tx. Most solid players would choose a more ragged flop to bluff raise on, so I think his range is weighted pretty heavily towards a very strong hand. I definitely check/fold the turn as played, but I'm not really sure what the best move is on the flop.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a villain with these stats, I think you're in trouble a lot. I think a player like this is more likely to protect like this with something like a set than Tx. Most solid players would choose a more ragged flop to bluff raise on, so I think his range is weighted pretty heavily towards a very strong hand. I definitely check/fold the turn as played, but I'm not really sure what the best move is on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience bad villains get very scared on monotone flops and go nuts with top pair. He can have a set or 2-p but he can have Tx very often here
Old 11-29-2007, 03:34 PM

BTN: $72.25
SB: $48.75
BB: $47.05
Hero (UTG): $54.05
CO: $41.60

Pre-Flop: J J dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 7 T 5 (2 Players)
Hero bets $3.25, BTN raises to $9.50, Hero folds

100% agree with Jackatwork and would like to take his idea further and won't even call his 3bet. It's too difficult to play this on the turn and because of his stats, any bet he make is a mandatory fold. 99% sure he's not doing this with a bare club or top pair, you are just beat here most of the time. Trust the stats.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience bad villains get very scared on monotone flops and go nuts with top pair. He can have a set or 2-p but he can have Tx very often here

[/ QUOTE ]villain doesn't have the best stats, but they're not absolutely horrible. He seems to be a bit on the passive side, which would lead me to discount Tx a bit more. I'm not sure, to be honest, I took a 3 month break from holdem and i've been really weak/tight since I came back so I'm interested to see what others think.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100% agree with Jackatwork and would like to take his idea further and won't even call his 3bet. It's too difficult to play this on the turn and because of his stats, any bet he make is a mandatory fold. 99% sure he's not doing this with a bare club or top pair, you are just beat here most of the time. Trust the stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about all the Tx hands with FDs, AcT, KcT, JcT etc. Do you not think a villain like this ever raises? How would you play this hand if his AF were 3 for instance?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 PM

I would honestly fold the flop here, your either slightly behind or way behind. As played it looks kinda spewy.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 PM

The check raise all in on the turn seems horrible to me, if you are determined to get your money in at least push the turn so a club is making a mistake calling
Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The check raise all in on the turn seems horrible to me, if you are determined to get your money in at least push the turn so a club is making a mistake calling

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand that I beat calls here? IMO this is the worst line because it folds out all the hands that we beat. All the FDs fold, as well as most Tx hands.