Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Default P - Stars prepaid visa

For anybody who knows any info on this, I have a few questions.

1. Does this work for U.S players
2. How long does it take from sign up to loading your account
3. Does it go on your credit report
4. Could I go to Jail using this method to load a poker account.
5. Any other info both positive and negative

Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: P - Stars prepaid visa

1. Yes, works in US. Be sure to find the "All Access Visa/MC" with the Inter National Bank fine print on the back. This one works for sure, but some others like the Vanilla Visa have been known to be rejected. If you go to allaccessvisa.com I believe is the site, they tell you locations where it is sold.

2. Loads right away. You have to enter your name and zip online to activate it for internet use then ur good to go.

3. It does not seem possible for it to go on your credit report, it is not money borrowing.

4. The UIGEA targets the banks, so if anyone gets in trouble its the card.

5. This is a very hassle free way to load. Epassporte seems like a headache, but you might want to eventually set that up so you can withdraw, though Stars is supposedly good with processing withdrawl checks in the mail. Basically, you could be loaded and playing in as much time as it takes you to get to the store, get the card, and get back.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:51 AM

Another note... don't keep funds on the card as that will apply the monthly fee. It's free to keep without monthly fees as long as there is no balance on the card.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another note... don't keep funds on the card as that will apply the monthly fee. It's free to keep without monthly fees as long as there is no balance on the card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this apply to reloadable visas?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this apply to reloadable visas?

[/ QUOTE ]

It applies to PayTru, the one that has a direct link in Stars cashier. That's all I know.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mean to sound stupid, but what exactly does "balance on the card" mean? If you withdraw from PokerStars you will obviously have a balance on the card before you withdraw from an ATM. Does this incur a fee? Or is it a certain date for each month that triggers a fee if there is a balance on the card on that date? Or is it a total number of days with a balance? ...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Stars states that players can withdraw to
CFT eligible visas. They go on to state that most Canadian and European visas are CFT eligible. Does anyone know if this includes Canadian Prepaid Visas?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:26 PM

I bought a 50$ all-access visa gift card bout 40 minutes ago...

how long does it take for the card to be ready to use? The all access website says my card # is invalid, guy at gas station selling me card was moderately retarded, so I am afraid he [censored] it up
Old 04-05-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mean to sound stupid, but what exactly does "balance on the card" mean? If you withdraw from PokerStars you will obviously have a balance on the card before you withdraw from an ATM. Does this incur a fee? Or is it a certain date for each month that triggers a fee if there is a balance on the card on that date? Or is it a total number of days with a balance? ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Random date the fee is applied, it's only 2.50 i think but yes, start transferring off the card as soon as you get the email from stars stating the money has been withdrawn.