Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: NL50 AJ on AQJ flop

[ QUOTE ]
call. your preflop 3 bet really sucks though. I donīt mind doing this with sc etc but doing this with AJ obv is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not bad when villain is raising so god dam much (~30%)
Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call. your preflop 3 bet really sucks though. I donīt mind doing this with sc etc but doing this with AJ obv is very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

What!? You'd be well ahead of my opening cut off raises with AJ and most peoples too. 3 bet is fine.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What!? You'd be well ahead of my opening cut off raises with AJ and most peoples too. 3 bet is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

qell thatīs true but itīs not about the opening range from the cutoff but rather about the range that he calls your 3bet with and the latter way tighter.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 AM

That makes no sense. It is about the opening range. If he raises light then you can 3 bet lighter too - not that AJs is all that light at your average 6max table anyway. If he has a tight calling-3bet range then that's even better since he must be folding to more of your 3 bets. If he has a loose range of calling 3 bets then AJs will be ahead anyway.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That makes no sense. It is about the opening range. If he raises light then you can 3 bet lighter too - not that AJs is all that light at your average 6max table anyway. If he has a tight calling-3bet range then that's even better since he must be folding to more of your 3 bets. If he has a loose range of calling 3 bets then AJs will be ahead anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

thatīs exactly my point. if he has a narrow 3 bet calling range then donīt waste your legitimite hands to take down youst the blinds. if you calls you you know you are slaughtered and villain might very well have a hand like AQ or AK. if he four bets you have to fold AJ and i would really hate to do this. what you are effectively doing here is turning your AJ into a bluff, i prefer doing this with 67s b/c you can easily get rid of it if 4 bet and itīs easy to play postflop in position and also has the merit that you know you are very unlikely to be dominated. all this canīt be said about AJ.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 AM

3bet is good.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posts like this are pointless, especially given the discussion on the 3bet.

At least say why.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3bet is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posts like this are pointless, especially given the discussion on the 3bet.

At least say why.

[/ QUOTE ]

well do you at least agree with me now that 3betting is no good?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thatīs exactly my point. if he has a narrow 3 bet calling range then donīt waste your legitimite hands to take down youst the blinds. if you calls you you know you are slaughtered and villain might very well have a hand like AQ or AK. if he four bets you have to fold AJ and i would really hate to do this. what you are effectively doing here is turning your AJ into a bluff, i prefer doing this with 67s b/c you can easily get rid of it if 4 bet and itīs easy to play postflop in position and also has the merit that you know you are very unlikely to be dominated. all this canīt be said about AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I get what you are saying now and I think it has merit.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:28 AM

I like the call with those stats