Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 07:01 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Forum Reorganization

[ QUOTE ]
The re-orginization is neither useful nor enjoyable. You are making a change for the sake of changing things. Why would it matter if something is more logical, it does nothing to help users of this forum. Who cares if one is a community forum and the other is a poker forum. Most users of these forums like them near eachother.

[/ QUOTE ]

VOICE OF REASON EVERYBODY. THIS GUY RULES!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, nath, this is no different than you expressing your opinions about the politics forum here in ATF. And lol at the horrible inconvenience.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong, as RedJoker explains. And LOL at your reason for moving them apart under the pretense of "having the forums in perfectly defined categories" being more important than "usability and convenience".
Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM

I think everyone is missing the main point, getting rid of the General forum ASAP.

Edit: OMG, its gone! Don't mind me.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 PM

nath,

So when you express your opinion about a forum you don't participate in it has merit, but when I do the same thing it is without merit. Thanks for setting me straight homie!

Edit: If this issue is really that important to BBV4Life just get a bunch of BBV'ers to post about it in the forums. If enough people bitch about the changes 2+2 will switch things back.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things from the upgrade most people seemed to like was the reorganization of the forums, everyone as in WE

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a big outcry for the forums to be re-orginazied? I think most people were like me and were totaly happy that it went back to normal.

P.S. Dont get mad at people for complaining, it just means we enjoy your site and we care about it.

At least they didnt delete BBV4Life like they did my fav forum.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,

So when you express your opinion about a forum you don't participate in it has merit, but when I do the same thing it is without merit. Thanks for setting me straight homie!

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it: Did you not read RedJoker's post, or did you miss the point entirely? Are you intentionally obstinate, or just stupid?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

nath,

Upset that I called you on your double standard? I read RedJoker's post. Whatever the reasons both of us have expressed opinions about forums we don't participate in here in ATF. Spare me your pompous attitude about how relevant my opinions are.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,

Upset that I called you on your double standard? I read RedJoker's post. Whatever the reasons both of us have expressed opinions about forums we don't participate in here in ATF. Spare me your pompous attitude about how relevant my opinions are.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a double standard at all:

-I express my opinion about the Politics forum because I read it occasionally and there were things about the way it was run and the tone of discourse in it that kept me from participating. It's relevant because there are certain times and instances I would particpate / would have participated if things were done differently.
-You express your opinion about BBV/B4L with no apparent intention of participation or improvement, just a desire to have things arranged in a certain order that pleases your sense of logic while decreasing usability and functionality for the people who ACTUALLY USE IT.

Your point that "we both expressed opinions about forums we don't particpate in" is both technically correct and wholly irrelevant.

So I'm pompous because you're looking for technicalities to prove how right you are and I actually care about what's best for the forum? Okay, ace. Stay out of touch with what's actually best for the users of 2+2.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM

This whole issue has me on tilt. I'm going to call for a jihad on the BBV4Life link on the sidebar. It better be under 2+2 communities or there will be trouble!

Edit:[ QUOTE ]
while decreasing usability and functionality for the people who ACTUALLY USE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 PM

nath, fwiw, based on the number of people viewing the forum since the change, it doesn't appear that people are having trouble finding the forum.

That said, favorite forums toggle FTW.