Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

How many posts do I need to have pooh-bah status?

Is it 1400 or 1600?

<font color="green">Posts Title

0 stranger
25 newbie
50 journeyman
100 member
200 enthusiast
400 addict
700 old hand
1200 veteran
1600 Pooh-Bah
2500 Carpal \'Tunnel

There is the possibility that this is changing too when they do the software update which is coming up shortly
</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Just wanted to say this is an awesome idea and thanks.

This I suppose is a player dependent question but for you at how many tables can you play and still 'learn' before you start just playing like a bot? which is more profitable?
<font color="orange">Your learning curve should still be quite high in the beginning. playing and evaluating your play as well as talking to those better than you and coaching sessions are all ways you can help yourself improve. I would say that it drops off a bit once you start playing more and getting into the swing of things.

Sometimes i like to 2 table and really think about my actions and the actions of others. I think its a good way to help yourself.

i think that playing more tables is typically more profitable- if you can maintain your A game while playing many tables, why not? at some point you might want to try new things by going down to lower limits/trying new strategies, but playing more tables seems much more profitable. </font>

<font color="red">I play 6 tables usually, and I find it quite comfortable. When I move to a new level I play just one, then two, then four, then six. I think that multi-tabling is HUGELY important because so much of micro stakes play is about volume of hands, that is, once you have sorted out your game. IMO you should be playing as many tables as you feel capable of - I'd play nine but its too much for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:17 PM

Which of these videos do you recommend I start with? Besides iStrong?
http://www.roulettenburg.com/poker/videos.html
Against a loose player who likes to bluff, what do you do after betting the flop with a marginal hand (2nd pair, TPWK, pair lower then 2nd) on the turn? What if he isn't a bluffer, but will bet after the pfr checks the turn a good % of the time? Marginal hands out of position are my very worst hands (true for pretty much everyone I assume).

How much of a station does someone have to be for you to call a pot sized bet with a naked flush draw out of position, 100bb stacks? Do you coldcall raises in position from tight players with Axs? What about loose players?

Just trying to nail down some situations that have been giving me trouble, thanks!

<font color="orange">These questions are very hard to answer.

Videos, can't comment on since I haven't seen many of them.

I typically check the turn against a loose player with a marginal showdown hand to induce a bluff on the river and exercise some pot control. If we are OOP with a decent showdown hand, I tend to c/c to a looser player and check the river. So, for an example:

you open TT, he calls.
Flop J23r, you bet, he calls.
Turn 2, you check, he bets, you...?
i would call here most times given some opponents. against others you can fold, but against many, i c/c and check the river. our hand is good alot and he can be floating/betting with alot of stuff here.

your terminology is all wrong. a player generally is not a 'station' if he is the one who bets. the flush draw question is difficult- stacks, board texture, reads are all vital. i would say that calling a PSB is generally not good though with a lone fd, mainly because you won't be paid when you do hit your flush OOP.

in regards to Axs- sometimes. i wouldnt call a tight UTG open with it but like a looser CO i dont mind calling with Axs. it just depends I guess, like everything. </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 04:25 PM

I'm currently a tilty bluff loving spewtard/calling station, that mostly has been profitable in donkaments. Any advice on converting to cash games without becoming weaktight?

<font color="green"> You know what, you just have to play some and get some hands in. Study your hands. Have others take a look at them by posting hands here. It's just a process. Little by little by little you improve and evolve and grow. But get the foundation of ABC TAG down first. Play good starting hands. Bet your good hands. Fold the bad ones. Big hands, big pots. Small hands, small pots. </font>

<font color="red">^^really good answer.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:26 PM

I was just reading this post by pokey http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=5348855 and I wanted to know what he means when he says "shania". I see it here and there in other posts and I have no idea what he is talking about.

<font color="green"> "shania" is supposed to reward good, proper play with good results. It's just something some 2p2'er made up long time ago that's become part of 2p2 culture.

</font>

<font color="red">I was under the impression that shania was about metagame and balance. The notion that if you do a certain thing for value, you need to be doing the exact same thing as a bluff a percentage of the time. I'll see if I can dig up the original thread.

Here: http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...te_id/1#import
Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 PM

In an average 1000 hand session how many "plays" should I be making roughly? eg. 3bet flop light vs over-agro villain type plays.

Also what is the consensus on bankroll management with respect to multitabling? Standard bankroll is 20buyins, how many for 4, 8, 12 and 15 tabling?

As mods, I have always wondered how many hands you have logged lifetime?

<font color="green">You can get by with making 0 "plays" if you want. But, I would say some one shot well timed bluffs and some 3bet lights are good for you. But you would have to do it well. Which just comes with playing over time. Maybe 5-10 per 1000. And as far as elaborate multi street bluffs go, about 1 per 1000000000000000 hands, heh.

Bankroll is really not effected by multitabling.

We've logged varying amount of hands at varying limits. But, we're chosen not for our poker playing abilities. More that we were decent posters who contributed to the forums at a time when a mod was needed.
</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM

What's the best way to sort out replies in a thread that are good and contain advice I should follow and those that aren't?

<font color="blue"> Look for posters you know and trust and try to partially figure out for yourself what sounds right </font>

<font color="red"> You should read all advice and learn to filter it for yourself. Nobody can give you a perfect answer because poker is not a game that can be solved. You will come to learn who to ignore.</font>

Are the irc channels any good? I've listened in a few times but they seem to be dead.

<font color="blue"> There is a uNL channel, ive never been there. There is also a SSNL channel, I believe both are on efnet </font>

I think I'm undervaluing TPTK/TP type hands (always checking river, playing passively against any villain aggression) any good threads/advice?

<font color="blue">I think there are one or two in the sticky, if not just read a few that have been on the front page recently. </font>

<font color="red">TPTK is only a good hand if your opponent is willing to pay you off with worse. Think about that for a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 05:02 PM

At 25NL, what is the general line to take when your overpair gets minraised on the flop? Check/call all the way down? Is it profitable to push on the flop with QQ+ for 100BB or less in this spot?
<font color="blue"> It is HIGHLY profitable to get all in with any overpair usually when min raised by an unknown on a flop at 25nl</font>
Question on getting value: Say you raise something like 10,J on the button and the flop is 10 high. Villain checks. Should you check behind since you will only get called when behind or slightly ahead ? Also checking behind might induce bluffing or have worse hands call you down. Is this correct?
Is it more correct to Cbet in this spot when you completely missed the flop? <font color="blue">You should Cbet most flops you raise PF and then especially on this flop for value and protection </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 05:55 PM

Explain to me an easy way to get a hand history, and then actually post it in a thread.

Thanks.

<font color="orange"> get poker tracker, get the hand history from that. or just copy/paste it from your table after it happens.

go to a converter. like this:
http://www.legopoker.com/hh/

post it? </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 PM

which one of you lot changed my title? i'm not clever enough to be a pooh bah - Vet4life!

<font color="green">*rolls eyes* </font>

boz: [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

<font color="red">LOLLOLOLOL
Closed Thread