Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting

Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: SYTYCD - betting venues?

Once it gets whittled down to something like 6 or 10 they get voted off straight.

About the male/female prop , so far the two winners have been male. Maybe it's unwise to use that to predict future coinflips (is a female due?) but I think this is for three reasons:

Men are better dancers than women (yes I'm a sexist).
The male side of the show has been way deeper.
JPT's girlfriend is doing the voting.

Without anything to say about the individual contestants (can you take away anything from auditions?) I don't see any reason these three things are due. I like anything better than -150 for male.

I love most forms of dance and like Nigel I think it's awesome that this show is bringing it into the public eye, but like Idol the better dancer does not necessarily win. Last year's final was a classic matchup between the clearly technically superior guy and the more entertaining and charismatic guy.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About the male/female prop , so far the two winners have been male. Maybe it's unwise to use that to predict future coinflips (is a female due?) but I think this is for three reasons:

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, this is the strongest bet out there.

i don't see a woman EVER winning sytycd (unless they crown a male and a female). the reason is that the male finalist is a dancer/athlete, while the female finalist is generally a dancer/artist. the athletic performance will always be visually more spectacular and perceived to be more difficult. hence my prediction of a male winner.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 PM

uh oh! Sounds like I may be in the minority with my female prediction. I just didn't see any male that had the legs to go all the way (not that they showed everyone during the audition shows). Admittedly, I can't disagree with any of the reasoning posted by bigalt or Granny above. My wager/prediction is based purely on what I saw on the audition shows. Several female pros and nothing but male break-dancers/hip hop dudes/gimmicky styles.

We may get a whole bunch more insight tonight!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uh oh! Sounds like I may be in the minority with my female prediction. I just didn't see any male that had the legs to go all the way (not that they showed everyone during the audition shows). Admittedly, I can't disagree with any of the reasoning posted by bigalt or Granny above. My wager/prediction is based purely on what I saw on the audition shows. Several female pros and nothing but male break-dancers/hip hop dudes/gimmicky styles.

We may get a whole bunch more insight tonight!

[/ QUOTE ]

remember that we have not seen all the dancers. many males made it through that have had zero camera time.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:29 PM

including an anonymous gay black ballet/lyrical dance guy who I predict will be good, judging from his celebratory leap
Old 06-07-2007, 04:26 AM

Twitch ftw?

-Al
Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Apologies for the low content rant here...but was anyone else elated when those two "lindy-hoppers" were finally eliminated last night?!!? Geez! I was so sick of those goofy dipsh*ts!! I'm pretty sure the girl actually thinks she's sexy!! And she said on the first show that her boyfriend gets jealous of her dance partner! Can you imagine being jealous that your girlfriend spends time with that tool?!?! What a gem her boyfriend must be!

OK, I feel better now.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM

I thought he was rather charming, except for the whole creepy I'm-in-love-with-my-partner-and-everyone-knows-it vibe. I couldn't get past her thighs though.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Twitch ftw?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

oops!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Twitch ftw?