Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Fold river/ Correct play when it back flushes?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $13.35
UTG+1: $13.22
MP1: $14.53
MP2: $6.24
CO: $31.24
Button: $17.77
SB: $17.86
phanekim: $10

Pre-flop: (8 players) phanekim is BB with 6s 5c Kh 8c
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, phanekim checks.

Flop: 7d 3s 4d ($1, 4 players)
SB bets $0.25, phanekim raises to $1.7, 2 folds, SB calls.

Turn: Js ($4.4, 2 players)
SB checks, phanekim bets $4.2, SB calls.

River: Qs ($12.8, 2 players)
SB bets $5.71, phanekim ?
Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Fold river/ Correct play when it back flushes?

This is very read dependent. but I would lean towards calling.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 PM

I called. getting better than 4 to 1. lost. I wondered because I am in the middle of a significant slide. I flopped nut flush last night from bb, got hammered. Just very worried about my play right now. Btw, this hand was my first at the table so had zero reads.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 PM

1. I'm going to offer you advice you didn't ask for. Buyin for the max. You're way better than most of the players, and the rest you are as good as. Unless you have some other reason, like you play better shortstacked, you are costing yourself money by playing small stack.

2. The minimum raise and then uphill calls to the flush draw is standard at PLO25.

3. Fold river, dont give him his implied odds. Unless your opponent has half a brain and could be making a move on you then you could consider calling.

4. Make notes on player. "Flush dunkey calls uphill". If you get lucky play the nut flush draw the same way you played your hand vs this minimum raise because there's an awfully good chance he doesn't have an ace high flush.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. Make notes on player. "Flush dunkey calls uphill". If you get lucky play the nut flush draw the same way you played your hand vs this minimum raise because there's an awfully good chance he doesn't have an ace high flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't think villain min bet and called on the flop with just the backdoor spade draw, so it's a bit hasty to write him off as anything worse than an average $25 player just yet. And if he is a calling station, for God's sake don't keep trying to semibluff him every time you pick up the lone nut flush draw. Just bet your hands for value like you did here.

I agree you should probably play deeper if you are seriously trying to learn the game. Getting 4-1 I insta call the river, this might be a mistake in this game but not by much.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I'm going to offer you advice you didn't ask for. Buyin for the max. You're way better than most of the players, and the rest you are as good as. Unless you have some other reason, like you play better shortstacked, you are costing yourself money by playing small stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. Playing with less than a full stack on the Party $25's is just criminal. Only play shortstacked when I'm at the same table, ok? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I second this.
Well, I don't think villain min bet and called on the flop with just the backdoor spade draw, so it's a bit hasty to write him off as anything worse than an average $25 player just yet. And if he is a calling station, for God's sake don't keep trying to semibluff him every time you pick up the lone nut flush draw. Just bet your hands for value like you did here.

I agree you should probably play deeper if you are seriously trying to learn the game. Getting 4-1 I insta call the river, this might be a mistake in this game but not by much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2006, 03:55 PM

I would call here.