Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. donk, 3/6, help please

yea, thats why u should just bet the turn urself and fold to a raise. u need to be getting value from a dry FD tho that he will be calling w/ 100% for sure.

you really screwed this hand up on every street except for the flop IMO. PF is just awful too BTW.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Please 3bet PF, this isn't the time to trap against a donk when two other people are going to be in with you. Against this guy you should be licking your chops right here when SB calls and you can make a bigger raise to get more of the Donk's money in PF.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, thats why u should just bet the turn urself and fold to a raise. u need to be getting value from a dry FD tho that he will be calling w/ 100% for sure.

you really screwed this hand up on every street except for the flop IMO. PF is just awful too BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree b/f turn is def. much better than as played. i don't think preflop is that bad though.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think preflop is that bad though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, itīs terrible.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM

LOL...yes, lets play a 4 way pot w/ QQ.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree b/f turn is def. much better than as played. i don't think preflop is that bad though.

[/ QUOTE ]

PF shouldn't even be a question, it IS bad, actually VERY bad IMO. Why would you ever want to play a multi way pot here with a strong hand that is definately ahead of a total donk's range and is very vulnerable post flop?

Edit: Also gainst a donk who has proven to be a station and will probably call too much of a raise PF.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM

i hate pf in both

KK one; unless he raisies 100% when you limp, and is insanely agro as the pfr...i guess, but ive never seen that w/o him being equally retarded when you raise.

as for QQ one, he's gonna call with soooo much worse, isolate and push your pf equity!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you trying to get tricky against a bleeder?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not so much trying to be tricky, as much as i am trying to trap. i mean, hand 1 worked great until the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incredibly results oriented.

[ QUOTE ]
in hand 2 i just called because i wanted to make a more informed decision on the flop. i really hate making big preflop decisions vs. donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where to start with this.. I thought you were awesome, but this blows my mind.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm not sure a flop raise to $250 over a $30 bet in hand 2 makes sense, this seems a bit ridiculous to me.

As far as the above commentary, don't just call preflop, you have the virtual nuts against this idiot, playing a big pot preflop should be fine.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you trying to get tricky against a bleeder?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not so much trying to be tricky, as much as i am trying to trap. i mean, hand 1 worked great until the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is incredibly results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't results oriented at all. i'm simply pointing out that i was trying to switch up my play and that's why i limped in with that hand. as played, i got the money in good, except i got rivered. i never said that was of any consequence, i posted that hand as a frame of reference for the villain in question.

[ QUOTE ]
in hand 2 i just called because i wanted to make a more informed decision on the flop. i really hate making big preflop decisions vs. donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know where to start with this.. I thought you were awesome, but this blows my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with making informed flop decisions? i mean, i know my PF play with QQ is def. non standard for 2p2, and ppl can be critical, and rightfully so to some extent. but in general, why does my preference towards making a more informed flop decision rather than a big preflop decision against a donk blow your mind? please elaborate.