Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM

Default KK HU vs 3 better

i dont have a read cuz I just sat down at the table. most players at this limit aren't sophisticated enough to three-bet with mediocre hands and are also fairly passive, so I figure that most unknowns will have pretty good hands to three-bet with preflop.
Honestly I felt that he either had a set or an underpair when he raised me on the flop.. but I'm still pretty inexperienced so i wasn't sure
Comments are appreciated.. thx!
PokerStars $0.05/$0.10 Limit Hold'em - 8 players
[url=http://www.deucescracked.com/Hand-Converter.html]Hand
Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: KK HU vs 3 better

You can also cap flop, but w/e.

nh, dont fold.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:59 PM

You can't have it both ways. He is either not sophisticated enough to 3-bang 99, TT, or 33 or he is.

This looks fine.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 PM

I think that your play was fine up until the flop.

When SB 3-bet your flop raise, I would start to consider that you may be behind.

Your pf cap screams AA-QQ for most players, and when your opponent bet/3-bets an all undercard flop that suggests that he is not concerned about your overpair.

He probably either got lucky and flopped a set with TT or else he probably has KK or AA himself.

So, I would have called down from your opponent's turn bet.

If you prefer a more aggressive line, then you could have capped the flop, led the turn and called down from a turn raise.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Seems reasonable. Mostly this person has JJ or better, and on that flop you are mostly ahead.

I tend to slow down on the turn, and assume KK or AA. But I can tend to be a nit.

T
Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 PM

so he has like AA or TT i guess? outside chance of 99?

i prefer to cap the flop here because that way you make your mistake for .5BB less
Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 PM

I cap the flop. When SB leads turn I call down.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 PM

kerowo, what on earth does that even mean?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kerowo, what on earth does that even mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have got the order wrong. OP says he doesn't think people at this level 3-bet light then fears a set on the flop which would require a light 3-bet pre-flop.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:40 AM

Cap flop. Call down if he donks turn. Easy.

Tons of players at that level will threebet PF with QQ/JJ, AK, and will still think the first two are ahead on the flop. Wouldn't be the last villain to threebet A9 and think that was still good too.

I like the flop cap because it says "no, I really do have a big pair". If he comes out betting on the turn, you know you're mostly beaten and can call down. You paid more money to find out the same thing.

Still, you didn't fold. That was good. I hope he showed you QQ to reward you for that.