Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Flopped top set vs. 1 player, no read

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

1. Booya, pocket queens. Been waiting all day for this. Time to raise and re-raise like there's no tommorow... aww fiddlesticks, only 1 player calls, so not as much money, but less likely to catch a bad beat.
2. A-ha! Flopped top set! Flopped the second nuts! I'll bet the inheritance from my rich aunt that you don't have J9, now let's see a raise! aww, cold calls.
3. King of hearts gives MP2 more possibilities. Along with the unlikely J9 previously mentioned, now AJ is a possibility. A heart flush draw is another possibility. But there was no flush draw on the flop and MP2 calls, he can't have that. He's chasing something but I can't figure out what. Maybe he has AQ? I'll make him pay for it, I bet
4. If he was chasing a flush, he just caught it. But he can't have a flush, as the flop only brought 1 heart and he called. I bet he has KQ and he was trying to play it slick on the turn. I call your re-raise

input now!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Flopped top set vs. 1 player, no read

I raise river. It sure sucks to get re-popped by the flush but Villans range is so heavily scewed to stuff we beat that I cant really see a call.

Edit, on second thoughts maybe not... how the [censored] could he do this with anyting but 8,4 or a flush?, well this is 0.02/0.04 just call... or raise... either is fine.

Congrats on not slowplaying BTW.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Well played.

I don't think you can re-raise the river. It just seems too likely he backed into a hand with something like T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 07:53 PM

Yah- looks good to me. Thanks for helping save the kittens. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 PM

point two. how does one caller cold call a single bet?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 PM

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qs Qc (three of a kind, queens).
MP2 has 7h 5h (flush, king high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Once again, kyndgroove made an excellent point. something like the T9 hearts makes perfect sense. got a piece of the flop with a straight and/or flush draw.

What happened in this hand was a cooler, I don't believe anyone was wrong. Cause you sure as hell will not fold the river in that situation, and going up against some idiot who was chasing a runner runner heart is just outright bad luck. Thanks to those who complimented me on my play
Old 09-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Julio,

you appear to be playing your hands well. A couple points:

don't post results (nobody is really interested)
post 2 hands / day recommended
check FAQ for more stuff like this.

Buzz
Old 09-22-2007, 09:25 PM

3-betting the river would be sick.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
going up against some idiot who was chasing a runner runner heart is just outright bad luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you rather he folded so you could drag that massive pot on the flop?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:11 AM

this is fine... the river card is just bad to 3bet