Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 AM

Default QKs heads up

Okay here's one that might be postable, I dunno.

Decent game, not great.

MP guy is a solid player who I have played with quite a bit.

Online, 6-handed

Fold, I open Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], MP 3-bets, all fold back to me, I call.

Headsup Flop, 5.5 small bets

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, MP bets, I raise, MP calls.

Headsup Turn, 4.5 big bets

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

FWIW, this guy can lay down a hand like two 8's if I bet this turn, but then again I don't expect him to bluff or value bet the river very often with a hand like that if the turn checks through.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: QKs heads up

I value bet here. You have 14 outs if you are behind.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM

wow - hard spot (lol ... 50 views one reply)

i think taking a weird line might get weaker hands to pay off (more so out of confusion)
flop (c/r), turn (c), river (b)

i think betting out turn is also good - with the two low cards and the ace plus a flush draw ... there is a good chance that your opponent may think you are pushing a small pair or flush draw

i think it really depends on how this guy would play against you ... vs someone that tends to push hand I would be willing to call down with some hands (i wouldn't like the turned Queen, say if I had JJ-88 as you did raise pre flop I'm thinking if you are pushing a flush draw the Queen has likely helped ... either you've hit the Queen or now have big draw, have an ace or a mid pair that may beat mine)
Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, this guy can lay down a hand like two 8's if I bet this turn, but then again I don't expect him to bluff or value bet the river very often with a hand like that if the turn checks through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet for value. There exist situations where you can't squeeze any more money out of villain, so just bet and take it down with the best hand.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Bet. What else? Your flop 3bet made it clear that you (a) don't believe him holding an ace or (b) don't care.

If he doesn't have an ace, you're unlikely to get c/r again, and if you don't care - well, then don't. You do have massive outs if behind and have a good chance of being good already.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Hey cash, I'd check and call
Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet. What else? Your flop 3bet made it clear that you (a) don't believe him holding an ace or (b) don't care.

If he doesn't have an ace, you're unlikely to get c/r again, and if you don't care - well, then don't. You do have massive outs if behind and have a good chance of being good already.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got the action mixed up, Fritos.

Oh, and I bet.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM

i bet the turn
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 PM

we have a lot of outs if behind and may already be ahead. we may also fold out some hands. if we are going to check and call and put in one bet anyway then i would prefer to put it in by betting with the accompanying chance of winning the pot now.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM

Clear check IMO. Check call the turn, check fold the river. If he checks the turn , value bet the river. Hope that he hits the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with his T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. It doesn't matter that he folds sometimes because his equity is ~0% when he folds the turn, he's never calling with a worse hand, and his flop call tells me that you're getting raised a lot on the turn.