Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: As an online US poker pro, what will you do?
Play B&M 2 11.76%
Enter the labor market 3 17.65%
Leave the country 3 17.65%
The end isn't near 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: ***SSSH Official NC/LC Thread August***

this guy just put me on life tilt

thought I was making a good laydown. he had been playing straight up over a small sample, and every time I've seen this line it was a monster, until...
******* Hand 1 ********

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2.50/$5
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) yourface is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $10</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $10</font>, yourface calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($22.5, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets $5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($32.5, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>, yourface folds.
Uncalled bets: $10 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $52.5
villain shows AcKc

shortly after, this hand happened
******* Hand 2 ********

Poker Room skin
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) yourface is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $12.5</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($30, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets $5</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($40, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $10</font>, yourface calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($60, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $10</font>, yourface folds.
Uncalled bets: $10 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $60
Button shows AD 6H

he coolers/sucks out on me a bunch for -20BB to him alone while I pay him off pretty light, and then when I'm starting to tilt...
******* Hand 3 ********

Poker Room skin
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) yourface is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $15</font>, yourface calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($30, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $10</font>, SB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($50, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10</font>, yourface folds.
Uncalled bets: $10 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $50
villain shows Th6s

HE PUSHES ME OVER THE EDGE AHAH:OASHlkjashfjhsafiuhuoeah;fa
AJSOIAHFOIafnlkjsahoHoiusahoiufhsajkfhsa;
GAHHHHHHH
Old 08-10-2007, 10:56 AM

looking at those hands now I still feel like hand 1 is a good fold vs most villains, what do you guys think? this guy probably thought he was representing the 7

I think the turn play is good in hand 2 given that now I know he is a fish who likes to bluff. I don't think I can call on a 3 broadway river though. the thing that sucks is that this guy is too dumb to understand what my line means. ie I c/c down vs him on an A9722 board (or somesuch) and he triple barreled K8

hand 3 was due to tilt. I was hoping he would fold non-club Ax hands.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looking at those hands now I still feel like hand 1 is a good fold vs most villains, what do you guys think? this guy probably thought he was representing the 7

I think the turn play is good in hand 2 given that now I know he is a fish who likes to bluff. I don't think I can call on a 3 broadway river though. the thing that sucks is that this guy is too dumb to understand what my line means. ie I c/c down vs him on an A9722 board (or somesuch) and he triple barreled K8

hand 3 was due to tilt. I was hoping he would fold non-club Ax hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the first hand is a bad fold. I call down here, but lately I've been seeing people make this play on boards where I guess they decided that their 2BB are better spent bluff c/ring the turn than calling down.

The second hand the fold is fine, but I think it is close between b/f on the turn, c/f on the turn, and c/cing down. The river is awful for you though so I can't fault you folding there.

hand number 3 sucks, but what the hell can you do? you can't really call down on that board, and against a player like that you are going to get bluffed occasionally. Just remember that he'll also be making this play a lot of times when you have a SDable hand, and then it isn't a good-bluff it is spew.

one thing to add...I've noticed that a lot of relatively straight forward players go nuts when it gets 3-handed or less. The (and pretty much correctly) assume that most of the time people don't have a hand and they can just bet and raise with abandon and get a lot of folds. I guess the best I've been able to do with these guys is make sure I have position on them for 2 out of three hands, and try to get to SD cheaply a lot. Usually after getting caught a couple of times they will scale back the aggression. Honestly though a guy who has a straight forward image is making a really smart adjustment to start playing like a maniac 3-handed. Pretty tough to figure these guys out.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 AM

lots of crazy people like to play very short because you can't punish them as much for their preflop mistakes. this guy only had a straight forward image because I had like 20 hands on him at the time. he turned out to be pretty bad pre and postflop

I really should have just quit the table after he showed me the second bluff. it's a pain in the ass when you've got someone gunning for you
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 PM

yourface,

That is all.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:35 PM

I just got impawards.com'd

and what do you think about the fold in hand 1
I've been paying that off forever and I can't remember it not being a monster, so of course when I make the fold I get shown a bluff
Old 08-10-2007, 02:45 PM

Old 08-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Hey yourface (or anyone else that wants to answer), is losing 67 BB heads up in 287 hands not that big a deal? How often does misery like that happen heads up? I just got wiped out by this guy on a sick heater, and kind of want to die. $400 in 81 minutes ain't all that cool...

-Brass
Old 08-10-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm not the most experienced huhu player here but yea, it happens.

sometimes I just quit if they go on a heater and I don't have a big edge. I have tilt problems and I feel like when someone goes on a heater they gain lots of confidence and start playing more aggressively
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 PM

pretty standard, my st dev is usually 21-23bb/100
Closed Thread