Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: \"The Ofdabeat hates backpackers special\"

[ QUOTE ]
I hate [censored] backpackers with an extra [censored] backpack on the front. If your backpack too small to hold all your stuff, buy a bigger backpack dumbass. If you want a small backpack for day trips, why not just put it in your big backpack until you take a daytrip. Because it would make too much [censored] sense, that's why.

[/ QUOTE ]
awe, I have a back pack on front

I bought a laptop halfway through my trip. Do you still hate me? Even if I had room in my pack I kinda like the balancing effect anyway :/

I kinda hate the stuff described in the OP, prob not as much. Question for all:

If you new their attitude was like "Hey I'm not really 'doing' this country, but just out here to party like a whitie in a diff setting"

Would you still hate them? Is it only the arrogance that gets you? If the traveler of any kind isn't too arrogant I don't get too annoyed
Old 10-28-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As much as I hate t-shirts with place names on middle-aged tourists, they're a million times worse on a backpacker. Every time I see some backpacker with a Cambodia t-shirt, I'm filled with an uncontrolable desire to punch them in the dick. Why? Because their shirt is saying essentially "hey man, I've been to Cambodia, that's a place that's like way out there, not that many people go to Cambodia. Have you ever been to a place as far-out as Cambodia? I know how to [censored] live life man."

The backpacker wears these tourist shirts as an implicit brag and this sort of unwarranted arrogance is only another argument for their annihilation. I say we bring back the Khmer Rouge, but instead of killing fellow Cambodians, rain destruction down on these godless backpackers, the eternal enemy of mankind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love you

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2007, 07:03 PM

Arf mister smelly backpacker with brad pitt as an avatar, you are such an aggressive troll.

Backpackers’ pursuit of “cheap” travel destinations is only possible through the imbalance of living costs between Western and developing nations. Backpacking is an inherently exploitative activity that benefits from the poverty of destination countries.

Here in thailand, how many backpackers wear yellow on monday, stand still during the national anthem, dress appropriately to visit temples, learn the language and immerge themselves in the culture ( even if it's going to a thai club instead of one on the backpacker ghetto khao san road ) ? Next to none.

Ask any thai what they think of backpackers you are going to love it.

Natives don't want backpackers, just like everyone they hate arrogant monkeys living on 5$ a day.

Also thank you for mentioning nazis, really adds a cherry on top of your trolling achievement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

[ QUOTE ]

# In 2007, The Economist declared that "A good rule in most discussions is that the first person to call the other a Nazi automatically loses the argument." [9]
# In October 2007, the "Last Page" columnist in The Smithsonian stated that when an adversary uses an inappropriate Hitler or Nazi comparison, "you have only to say "Godwin's Law" and a trapdoor falls open, plunging your rival into a pool of hungry crocodiles."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arf mister smelly backpacker with brad pitt as an avatar, you are such an aggressive troll.

Backpackers’ pursuit of “cheap” travel destinations is only possible through the imbalance of living costs between Western and developing nations. Backpacking is an inherently exploitative activity that benefits from the poverty of destination countries.

Here in thailand, how many backpackers wear yellow on monday, stand still during the national anthem, dress appropriately to visit temples, learn the language and immerge themselves in the culture ( even if it's going to a thai club instead of one on the backpacker ghetto khao san road ) ? Next to none.

Ask any thai what they think of backpackers you are going to love it.

Natives don't want backpackers, just like everyone they hate arrogant monkeys living on 5$ a day.

Also thank you for mentioning nazis, really adds a cherry on top of your trolling achievement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

[ QUOTE ]

# In 2007, The Economist declared that "A good rule in most discussions is that the first person to call the other a Nazi automatically loses the argument." [9]
# In October 2007, the "Last Page" columnist in The Smithsonian stated that when an adversary uses an inappropriate Hitler or Nazi comparison, "you have only to say "Godwin's Law" and a trapdoor falls open, plunging your rival into a pool of hungry crocodiles."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Loser with hot chick (whom he will never hook up with woman of equivalent attractiveness):

you are the one who started this forum of hate and bashing other people so you have absolutely NO [censored] right to pass judgment on me about making aggressive posts. From reading your posts and especially in response to my original travel around the world thread, you are an ignorant pig with little intelligence, so [censored] off. As long as backpackers, or anyone else for that matter, are living their lives and it doesn't harm or effect you in anyway, then STFU and get over it.
loser
Old 10-28-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because their shirt is saying essentially "hey man, I've been to Cambodia, that's a place that's like way out there, not that many people go to Cambodia. Have you ever been to a place as far-out as Cambodia? I know how to [censored] live life man."

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound like you have this conversation frequently.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Backpacking is an inherently exploitative activity that benefits from the poverty of destination countries.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? I get that it benefits from the poverty of the country, but inherently exploitative? elaborate please
Old 10-29-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Backpacking is an inherently exploitative activity that benefits from the poverty of destination countries.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh? I get that it benefits from the poverty of the country, but inherently exploitative? elaborate please

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't even bother with this guy. He just trolls the board and probably thinks Jonathan Swift was a vicious hatemonger.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 AM

It kills me how these dorks living in Thailand pretending to be "ballers", hate backpackers. You know what real ballas do? They party, [censored] hot chicks in America not in a third world country where every second woman is angling for a green card. And in most of the photos posted, the Thai chicks are 6's and 7's at best.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 AM

U54 wtf are you smoking man.
troll in your own threads.

i mean to you its like ppl cannot visit 3rd world countries unless they do something productive for the country. Well IMO this is total bs, we dont have to do [censored] for anyone.

Most of the Americans who visit do alot for the foreign economies by paying way too much for all the services.

Lastly, you dont know [censored] about anyone in any of the threads you post in, yet you attack everyone. And then you say "ohh, but dont pass judgment on me!!!" GFY
Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't the same be said for pretty much any tourist here, even the ones who travel with suitcases and stay in nice hotels?

Maybe I just take some offense because I've done a lot travel as what you would consider a 'backpacker' but don't have any of this attitude you (understandably) hate, and know a lot of others who are the same way.