Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 05:32 PM

Default another kk situation

no reads since i just came on table.
was i right to c/c till river?
reraise on flop or fold on turn?

Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (19.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (17.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 17.70 BB
Old 05-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: another kk situation

The converter messed up. I'm assuming the action on the river is UTG+1 bets, and you and the button call.

PF is fine.

You need to raise the flop, there is a flush draw out there and by raising, you give bad odds to the players behind you who may have a FD.

On the turn, I think I raise again, and maybe fold if it gets 3-bet back to me.

On the river, I would probably just call if you had raised on the turn and were called.

Hands like AJ, KJ, QQ, QJ, and maybe even TT would continue to bet at this level.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:13 PM

pls. post it again.
easy raise flop it's likly that you are ahead, a opponent could be on flush, or have 1 pair and have 5 outs against you. The pott is large and the chance is good enouth that you are ahead. Try to bring your opponents to fold, if they don't make the draws as expensiv as possible.
One pair on this board is not strong enough to play it slow!

!!! Raise Flop!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:04 PM

Did you edit this? UTG+1 appears to bet twice on the turn?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 PM

Nope didnt couse seem to be an idiot or what, but cant find edit button. Time for zzz's i guess

Well river should be : UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, Button calls.
converter messed up
Old 05-15-2007, 12:31 AM

a easy raise on the flop, you dont want to let the people coming behind you get good odds.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a flush draw out there and by raising, you give bad odds to the players behind you who may have a FD.

[/ QUOTE ]

With such a huge overlay given by the pot, raising the flop never gives a flush draw bad odds. In fact, if the pot stays four ways, a flush draw benefits with every extra bet that each player puts in due to its equity edge.

I agree that you should raise this flop, but charging the flush draws has little to do with it.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:38 AM

Not raising the flop was good. By waiting to raise the turn you don't give one pair hands/cutshots odds to draw out on you on the river.

Oh wait you forgot to raise the turn...

Preflop and river are fine.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a easy raise on the flop, you dont want to let the people coming behind you get good odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flush draw would have to call 2 bets. So as long as there is more than 4 (3.8 exactly) bets in the pot- they're going to "at least" break even.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 AM

pf good flop good, now raise the turn.