Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Second Chance, 10 Left, Blinds Battle

[ QUOTE ]
In order to call this, you need to have a fairly complicated/advanced read on this guy. The main reason being, there are TONS of hands he can have that are valuebetting, honestly like every combination of hands that beat you. At the same time, there aren't very many hands he can have that are bluffing. Most ppl don't float and go crazy at 14bbs effective stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I 100% agree with this.

also, ifffff I decide to just complete here, I'm c/f'ing the flop because he knows I don't have an ace (it's true) and then we get into all these mindgames with me being OOP with 14 BB on the FT bubble. so it inevitably gets to this river decision, and that's annoying and pointless, so I fold. but I probably take some other PF/flop line combo.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Villains in this situation very, very rarely instacheck preflop with an ace and very, very rarely instacall the flop and bet small on the turn with that ace, or with any hand like two pair or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM

I put him on a flush here hoping to look like a bluff and trying to get paid. People just aren't that tricky late in MTTs to try to bluff people. That is for most players. Now, if you had a read on the guy, that's another story.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tons of hands that are value betting? Like what? What hands quickly call the flop, bet small on the turn, and then instashove the river? IMO, this is always either a flush or air.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would villain play 75 or 72? Esp. if he doesn't think you only complete Ax or Kx pre?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM

preflop shove is unexploitable; i think the river is a fold. seems like every time i call a big allin in a spot where think the guy played the hand too weird to really have a hand, he does. maybe diamonds, maybe two pair, maybe an ace, it doesn't really matter which not-a-bluff he has, b/c he has some not-a-bluff too often. and, checking behind pre then calling the flop isnt really that weird for a bad ace... A7 fits.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 PM

i really don't like the flop lead
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 PM

of course preflop steal is unexploitable as someone asked earlier.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 PM

I love how we get into preflop battles here so is preflop a standard fold here? To me I thought it was and was interested that most of the responses didn't really question it.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how we get into preflop battles here so is preflop a standard fold here? To me I thought it was and was interested that most of the responses didn't really question it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding sucks. You could turn your cards face up and pushing would be +ev. The fact that your cards actually aren't turned over makes it even more +ev.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding sucks. You could turn your cards face up and pushing would be +ev. The fact that your cards actually aren't turned over makes it even more +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.... seriously folding pre-flop is god-awful here, and I'm a huge proponent of just shoving pre as it a.) eliminates any possible mistake you can make like calling this river bet and b.) is completely unexploitable and can make your opponent make a bad mistake