Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Albatross77 SNG Strategy

In the last thread on here about his article, people who played with him said he doesn't really play like he suggests in the article.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM

ICM sucks, article is standard.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:50 AM

I played him a couple o' times, he does some strange moves for sure. It's fun to watch him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I remember him stacking off once with 77 lvl 1 as an overpair in an unraised pot vs me. I think like 246 flop. He bet from MP, I CR from blinds, he shoved... I've seen other weird stuff like that too.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. overpairs at low limits are usually good ???

[/ QUOTE ]

77 is hardly an awe-inspiring over pair. And even random crap like QT still has lots of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're calling a push with QT on that flop for your stack, good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

HE CALLED with 77. The pusher could have had a million things, such as like sets, Overpairs that beat him or even random overs bluffing like say, AK or QT. 77 is an uber bad call there imo.

Reading comprehension for the LOSS.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I remember him stacking off once with 77 lvl 1 as an overpair in an unraised pot vs me. I think like 246 flop. He bet from MP, I CR from blinds, he shoved... I've seen other weird stuff like that too.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. overpairs at low limits are usually good ???

[/ QUOTE ]

77 is hardly an awe-inspiring over pair. And even random crap like QT still has lots of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're calling a push with QT on that flop for your stack, good luck to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

HE CALLED with 77. The pusher could have had a million things, such as like sets, Overpairs that beat him or even random overs bluffing like say, AK or QT. 77 is an uber bad call there imo.

Reading comprehension for the LOSS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that its probably a bad play by him, but just to set the record straight, based what vers wrote albatross did shove...

[ QUOTE ]
he shoved

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Actually, I wonder if some of the high-stakes regulars sometimes intentionally make bad spite calls on purpose vs. other regs to discourage them from pushing into them so often. It would be an interesting metagame strategy, though it would only work on players you face often.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that its probably a bad play by him, but just to set the record straight, based what vers wrote albatross did shove...

[ QUOTE ]
he shoved

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I wonder if some of the high-stakes regulars sometimes intentionally make bad spite calls on purpose vs. other regs to discourage them from pushing into them so often. It would be an interesting metagame strategy, though it would only work on players you face often.

[/ QUOTE ]

good observation, and it is used mainly at 60s or higher against exactly who you described, other regulars who you put in a lot of volume with to discourage them from shoving too wide into you. definitely not something to be used frequently, but some other posters on here (ahem, fluorescenthippo [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) may use it more than others when applicable.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Based on his graph, I doubt he is using it. This type of thing would add a lot of variance in your game & very much debatable if it's +EV overtime.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good observation, and it is used mainly at 60s or higher against exactly who you described, other regulars who you put in a lot of volume with to discourage them from shoving too wide into you. definitely not something to be used frequently, but some other posters on here (ahem, fluorescenthippo [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) may use it more than others when applicable.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he is uberlevelling and giving the perception that he calls really loose to his opponents without actually having to take the -EV hit! head asplode!