Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Default tough flop spot with TT

CO is a solid LAGTAG of the 30/20 (avg 5 players) variety. one of the better regs

button is a fish. 45/15/1.2 over 250 hands avg 4.6 players, bets and raises more aggressively on the big streets than on the flop. he's pretty damn bad postflop
relevant notes:
"bad at vb
checked 67 on 589ds flop after open SB, c/r turn"

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) yourface is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">yourface 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (11.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, yourface folds.

Results:
Final pot: 16.75BB

I'm interested mostly in the flop but please comment on any street.

my thinking was that CO didn't cap preflop so if he has a pair mine is better. he can def have a bunch of 9s though. prob 89s+ J9s+ Q9o+ maybe 79s J9o or T9o is he is feeling frisky (but I think those are unlikely with button behind him)

the button here can have a reasonably wide range I think; straight draws, any pair (maybe even a better pair than me if he is getting 'tricky' preflop), trip 9s. I don't think he will have overcards but maybe if he had backdoor draws

I don't think my equity is that great here, and some stoving I've done supports that based on my assumptions. however I think that button cold calling 2 on the flop is going to freeze up the CO on the turn with the hands I beat, and I really don't want to risk it getting checked through or call down bets when I feel that I'm crushed

by over representing my hand on the flop I feel like I can comfortably fold to any further action
Old 10-24-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: tough flop spot with TT

when button coldcalls flop, i am done putting in extra bets.* hopefully i call and check the turn, co bets and button raises and i can just fold. otherwise i'm just gonna c/c twice and see if i beat CO's pocket pair or 6.

* i'd c/c down even if button folds.

ps. lol at co in this hand.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 PM

what do you think about the chance of CO not continuing to bet with the hands I beat after button calls 2 cold on the flop

if it was just me and CO I would c/c down from the flop raise
Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM

i think the only time he won't bet is on an A or K turn. you should then probably fold to a button bet.

ps. lol at btn in this hand.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think about the chance of CO not continuing to bet with the hands I beat after button calls 2 cold on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure it matters. The times nobody bets ~ the times when CO bets and button raises.

I think 3-betting is only correct if you have wild image and ppl won't automatically assume TT+. If ppl think you are normal they might get away from 6x and worse.