Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Pick my major, GOGOGO

I have about a month left to pick my major, I'm a sophomore at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.

Debating between economics and a program called "Policy and Management." Econ is obvious and Policy and Management has so far related almost 100% to Public Policy.

This board seems to be pretty hooked on how useless business\management degrees are, and I really don't want to get a useless degree. However, I took micro last semester and am taking macro this semester, and micro was somewhat interesting but macro is not very interesting to me.

The Policy classes are relatively interesting to me (as far as classes go). How [censored] am I if I major in P&M instead of Econ? If you're going to post "BUSINESS DEGREES SUCK\ARE USELESS." at least explain why you think\feel that way.

Also, I'm minoring in finance (cannot major in it as I started too late and they only accept 10 students\year), so that should hopefully help with jobs out of school.

As far as post-graduate plans, I don't really have many. I want to do some traveling while I'm young, but I think I'll have to work for a few years to get some money\pay off student loans. Graduate school isn't out of the question.

Any advice is appreciated