Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: What makes you annoying?

1. I eat food off my wife's plate before she's done

2. Like another poster, I am horrible at getting back to people, returning emails, etc. Serious flaw for me and I've been working on it and much better now than I used to be.

3. I care much less about birthdays (both my own and other people's) than the average person. Unless the person in question is a young child, i don't make a big thing about them.

4. unless the person behind me is super tall over 6'4", I put my seat back in planes.

5. If someone is telling me a story that I perceive to be boring and long-winded, I do not hide the fact that I want him to wrap it up as soon as possible.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 PM

1. I fart alot

2. My farts are unbelievably rancid.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 PM

my current wife
Old 11-25-2007, 12:29 AM

Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 AM

delusions of grandeur and I'm slightly schizophrenic.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. I care much less about birthdays (both my own and other people's) than the average person. Unless the person in question is a young child, i don't make a big thing about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your pain. I once forgot my own birthday. This was before I drank, mind you. Woohoo, I made it 365 days without killing myself! Big 'Who Cares?'!

On that note, for holidays and b-days, my presents either really rock and are totally inspired, or.. well.. Let's just say one year for Christmas I bought my dad a shaving cream warmer thinger. (Hot Lather something or rather) Yeah, I got my mom this totally sweet, expensive, amazing coffee machine, better than the one she'd been wanting. But my poor dad, no, his present sucked. I made up for it on his next b-day with something pretty good though.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your pain. I once forgot my own birthday. This was before I drank, mind you. Woohoo, I made it 365 days without killing myself! Big 'Who Cares?'!

[/ QUOTE ]
You clearly don't challenge your own life expectancy enough.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:52 AM

Is this the thread where I ask for a custom title?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:22 AM

Alcohol
Old 11-25-2007, 04:47 AM

Trey--

1) I mumble. It's pretty severe. It impedes conversation and just generally makes things tougher for people around me (and me too).

2) I have this nervous habit where I twirl a pen pretty much any time one is in my hand. (And I like to have a pen on me whenever I'm reading, which is very often, and most of the rest of the time I'm in class.) Anyway, I also suck at this activity, and am constantly dropping the pen. This annoys even me, but I can't stop. I'm thinking of buying mittens and wearing them everywhere until I break the habit.

3) Sometimes during a conversation I take these long pauses because I get obsessed with finding exactly the right word or phrase. Often this happens even long after I have a workable substitute in mind. So things just stop as I sit there with a dopey look on my face.

4) When I'm with someone or in a group, I often literally cannot generate preferences in many common situations. Thus the other person or people end up having to decide stuff. Unless they know me well, this also causes second-order annoyances of their worrying that they're imposing on me (and related obvious social stuff). But really I just cannot bring myself to care about the relevant stuff, and when I suspect that others might have significant preferences it causes some psychic trigger that makes even any slight preferences I would otherwise be able to muster totally unavailable.

5) My hearing is well below average. I have to ask people to repeat themselves often. Often I can easily figure out what they said within a second, but I can't keep myself from interjecting before that realization hits.

--Nate