Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

[ QUOTE ]

All right all you old people*,

I like going on vacations once or twice a year that probably run me $400-600. I thoroughly enjoy them for the relaxation and the travel aspects.

I was just wondering if you guys think that I will regret having taken these vacations that may make it tougher on me in the next couple years financially, or if you think that it is generally a good idea since I so thoroughly enjoy it?

(FWIW, I have about $11,000 cash to my name and my parents 'may' be helping out with my loan debt....so it isn't like these vacations strap me for cash at the moment).

*I hope by now I've expressed that one of my greatest respects is for my elders and that I value life experience wayyyy more than your average person, so I just mean this in jest. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This old person thinks you should take more vacations. Your style of travel is frugal, you are in fine financial shape, the few extra dollars a year will hardly make a difference on your after graduation debt level. Go!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This old person thinks you should take more vacations. Your style of travel is frugal, you are in fine financial shape, the few extra dollars a year will hardly make a difference on your after graduation debt level. Go!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Take the vacations Solo and go have some fun in your life. You will never regret it.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 PM

Thanks gents and lady. I assumed that was the general sentiment and it's a big reason I can get over my frugality and say "screw it, I'm goin."

I'm not taking tons of wasteful trips or anything, but I mean my mom loves Vegas and so do I. This upcoming May will be the 3rd time in a little over 2 years that we've gone together. I teeter on spending the cash because it will "in theory" put me in that tight belt spot later on, but in the end I think of how people tend to say they wished they'd done more when they were younger.

Blarg, I have great parents. While my mother can't help me financially, my father and stepmother can. They know I'm responsible with my money and I'm pretty sure they would never consider me to be someone to blow money. They have tried to sort of leave me mostly independent, which is probably PART of the reason they're not helping me with money stuff too much. That said, I don't think that me vacationing will affect their view of how I spend money. They both know I'm pretty cheap because I won't even let my stepmother buy me new clothes unless they're on sale. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I definitely appreciate the feedback hyde, Blarg and katy.