FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
escobar, you sound like a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

GO back to micro-stakes DDY.

I got caught with somewhere near 250,000X more than dude did, he went to prison and I was chillin at home.. Id say I came out ahead there... I am simply saying, he got GUTTED and any lawyer would have fought that.... Especially given the circumstances around the arrest.. Horrible Horrible beat.. He literally went to prison for a few dollars worth of GHB.. FWIW, most GHB, when actually broken down is GBL or similar compunds, which is MUCH more difficult to prosecute as it isnt technically scheduled ( or at least wasnt).. It looks like him and lawyer just threw their arms up in the air and said UNCLE.. I have never in my life heard of anyone going to prison for simple possession of GBL... I used to be in the bodybuilding " industry" and know of AT Least 40 people that got caught receiving shipments of GBL and GHB from U.K.. They were sent in quarts ( not like this guys 2-3 doses), and recieved from UK, so importation laws were violated too.. I think of the 40 or so people that I know who got caught, like 1 of them went to prison, and when he got raided the found an UG anabolic steroid lab.. He did like 8 months, and probably had somewhere around 2-3 million in anabolic raw materials in his house..

How you can manage to go to prison for a couple bucks in what MAY have been GHB without fighting it is beyond me... Thats remarkable... It doesnt really surprise me though, pretty much everyone pees their pants any time a cop is involved... They are always looking to " make a deal" or snitch on people..

Sorry you had to endure prison for something so petty, but your lawyer shgould have his license revoked.

[/ QUOTE ]

many small time criminal defenses attorneys roll over for local prosecutors when they are representing ill-informed clients. its a quid pro-quo that goes on all the time. these attorneys purposely make bad deals so that the prosecutor's record becomes impressive/overinflated. often these attorneys are former assistant prosecutors themselves, who have close personal ties to the prosecutor.