Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Modding Outside Your Forum (I just did it in Sporting Events)

[ QUOTE ]
assani is an a-hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know his father (if Assani is who he said he was in one of his first posts) and all I can say is the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Mat should ammend Rule 1. But, I do think you should improve your reading comprhension.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah? Well, I think you should improve your spelling.

If you think that AF can be defined as a "spammy poster ... making multiple spam posts in multiple forums" then I'd agree that you can't see why Mat's Rule 1 needs to be amended.

If another mod didn't define him thus, they would have pm-ed the Sports mod/s, RB and MS to take action. If they hadn't received a Read Receipt within, say, ten minutes, then they would have temp-banned AF for 12 hours. They would also have written the circumstances in the Notes, for the benefit of present and future mods who might not have read this thread.

Let's agree to differ on this. You do whatever you want to do, with indifference to rules and other mods' and admins' existence; and I'll try to act reasonably to suit the circumstances.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 AM

I would be super pissed if someone modded in BBV even if it was justified. It sets a terrible precedent.

I think the correct play here was to notify the mods and send a pm to the mod and to ryan and mat.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sets a terrible precedent.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't, because things have always been this way. Mods can ban outside their own forums when there is some significant problem that needs to be taken care of right away. See the guideline I posted above for a clearer idea of what I mean.

I've been giving that general guideline to newer mods for about a year now, and I believe it still fits with the spirit of the rule Mat posted, although I can ask him to modify it a bit if that would help clear things up.

This wasn't even close to the first time, it won't be the last, and that's fine. There's really no reason at all for anyone to get pissed about situations like this. And believe me when I say that there are many mods who have received PMs from me about how they shouldn't be banning outside their assigned forums when it's not important that the poster be dealt with immediately. That's always been something I've tried to prevent as an admin, and I've been pretty annoying about it at times.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM

imo modding outside one's forum should go unquestioned as long as it meets these three requirements:

1. Most importantly, its reasonable that the problem would be furthered by not banning the poster immediately.

2. The offense is generally accepted as being worthy of at least a temp ban.

3. The mod of that forum doesn't mind.

Seeing how the case with Assani meets all three of these, I think Dynasty was fine in doing it.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo modding outside one's forum should go unquestioned as long as it meets these three requirements:

1. Most importantly, its reasonable that the problem would be furthered by not banning the poster immediately.

2. The offense is generally accepted as being worthy of at least a temp ban.

3. The mod of that forum doesn't mind.

Seeing how the case with Assani meets all three of these, I think Dynasty was fine in doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

Basically, I think the key is to use common sense. Unfortunately, there are some mods that don't have it so they should just never mod outside their forum.