Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Bonus $20. Building it up for kicks. Advice? (LC and a little long)

Posting this for something to do, wondering mabey if others gave themselves a similar challenge....

I got an email the other day. Noble poker whom I whored about $800 in bonuses a year ago credited my account with $20. And If I can clear 500 crowns in 30days I can cash it out.

Well this $20 doesnt mean squat to my bankroll, But I wanted to make a challange out of it.

The first question is, what should my target be? I currently play 50NL. I keep $500 online and cash the rest monthy into my live roll, a savings account with interest.
Therefor surpassing this number is kind of pointless, since I dont want to play my regular game on noble. (Not to mention thats exactly what they want me to do, so by not doing it I'm sticking it to the man)

Second question, I want to optimize my limits/buy-ins to move up but not go busto.

Heres what Ive done so far:

Immediately opened 4 10c/20c with $4 intending to shortstack them.
Doubled up on table 1, but after that quickly lost 4 buy-ins even though I had the best of it on each.
Last time all in JJ vs JT, JT gets the straight. Oh well, ran bad but got to love the +EV.

I was around $8 and decided I better stop this trainwreck quick, closed the NL tables and opened 4 5c/10c limit tables, and watched TV for an hour. After an hour I had made $5.
Took my $13 to the heads up SNGS and played $2+.10, I won 4 straight.

Next night I had an hour, felt like a chance so I opened a couple 5c/10c PLO table. Basically watched TV and waited for the mortal nuts. People had no problem call their stacks of with third or fourth nuts. Made about $25 profit or 250bb/hour hehe.

Thist morning, 4 tabling 2c/4c NL full stacked for $5. Im doing quite well until my very last hand.
I was up to $6.50 when Im dealt AA.
Someone who has me covered raises to 50c, one caller, I push, two callers (pretty sweet)
Unfortuneatly its the Big stack that makes the set of tens and I quit only up $4 instead of the nice $20 if I had won that hand. The point is, you see the swings I expect to deal with.

Anyways, I've played about 4 hours total and the accounts at $53. Ive also earned about 50 of the 500 required crowns, this will increase rapidly as the stakes increase.

Anyone have advice on a limit buy-in plan. This is very +EV but also high variance. Especially since I'm just pushing AA-QQ and getting called preflop with hands like A6s or KQ. My profit graph will be pretty bumpy.

Limits are:
1c/2c $2max(done with it now)
2c/4c $5max
5c/10c $10max
10c/20c $20max
25c/50c $50max (last level I will play before cashing out)

I personally believe Im better of full stacking the 5c/10c tables then short stacking the higher limits. Any thoughts?