Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Top set, turn brings possible flush.

Played this hand last night, I wasn't sure what to do on this turn. Im playing a little LAGish, lots of preflop raising followed by a PSB nomatter what comes. Table is starting to pay me off when I connect.

Dont have the HH, from memory

$.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game

Stack Sizes
Hero: $165
Villian: $200

Preflop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Pretty much whole table limps, Hero Raises to $7, Two callers (villian in blinds).

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($24, 3 players)
Villian Checks, Other Guy Checks, Hero Bets $24, Villian instacalls, Other guy folds

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($72, 2 players)
Villian checks, Hero...

I was feeling pretty sure he had a flush but not 100%, And It would be a disaster to just check and have a heart fall on the river. On the other hand If I pot it here, And he pushes I ended up putting my stack in on a 3.2 to 1 house draw. I would rather keep this river card cheap with out just giving away a free card. Should I just go broke here?

What I did ended up working out well but Im not sure if it was the right play. Id like some feedback before continuing
Old 12-21-2006, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Top set, turn brings possible flush.

Anyone? Tell me what you would do when checked to here...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:55 AM

I might check. It will give u a chance to improve and give the villain a chance to bluff the river. Getting check/raised on the turn would suck.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:57 AM

While the flush only makes up part of his range, thats a pretty gross turn card with the other draw getting there too... I think a check is better here, its WA/WB. Of course you hate it if the 4th heart comes but by checking you make more from worse hands on a blank river and are far from drawing dead if you are behind - if you check and river a boat you will stack him a lot if he does have a flush or straight.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM

here
Old 12-21-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent thank you.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:18 AM

Here what ended up happening, I'm not sure If this is worse then checking or not.

The thing about the hand is The villian thinks I'm a maniac and would never put me on what I have. So I dont expect him to push because he would be afraid of "losing me"

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($72, 2 players)
Villian checks, Hero Bets $20 (I didnt know what to do but didnt want to give infinate odds for a nother heart)
Villian Raises to $60, Hero calls (No brainer, thanks for the great drawing odds fish)

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]($192, 2 players)

Villian bets $50, Hero pushes for a little more, Villian calls. Ship it.

After the hand, It really bother me, I still didnt know If I totally botched that turn or not of If I could justify it because of my loose image.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero Bets $20

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like one of the worst options, as basically you're just reopening the betting.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero Bets $20

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like one of the worst options, as basically you're just reopening the betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I almost timed out trying to decide what the [censored] to do here