[ QUOTE ]
iw strait dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

qflol

even though i obviously agree...SEC>>>>>>>>your conference
Old 10-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: SEC football > all other football

[ QUOTE ]
They're not stupid, you just don't understand the mentality. Have you ever been to UGA/FL (the world's largest outdoor cocktail party)? Did you see what happened at UF/UGA after the first TD? They basically gave up a free TD there, knowing those penalties would happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, those arguments are stupid because they have no rational basis. So many of these SEC arguments come down to emotion and it's so ridiculous. Have you ever been to a Michigan/OSU game? A PSU home game for a big game? I can't speak to the Pac 10 or Big 12 but there are some big ass games all the time between teams with great histories. I live down here. I know the SEC mentality. It's been one of blind superiority based mostly off of one national title game. Congratulations, even if your conference is the best this year (and if they are come bowl season, I'll be the first to say it), but nobody knows right now, and these things change. I hope whatever conferences is clearly the best in the coming years are as annoying as all of you are.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:08 AM

Name like 2 other matchups that are anywhere as big as something like UF/UGA or Bama/Auburn, in the big 12 or pac 10?

Michigan/OSU is always big, and that's obvious, but the point is that it's the ONLY one.

The point is that it is all about emotion. Thats what makes good teams great, and what seperates the SEC from everyone else. The tradition, and the rivelries.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Georgia has 4 legit, huge rivalry games

UGA/UF is undeniable. The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party pretty much sums it up. Florida's had our number for a while, but we won like 17 of 21 from them while dooley was coaching, so maybe these things go in cycles. I'm sure as hell ready to start a new cycle. Florida is the biggest current rivalry

UGA/UT was not traditionally huge, but there has been bad blood for a while now. UT beat us like 7 years striaght and then we beat them in a couple heartbreakers. i hate orange. who the hell decided orange was such a great damn color to constantly wear, a retarded monkey?

UGA/Auburn is the oldest rivalry in the South, and still taken very seriously. Not either team's primary rivalry, but neither team likes the other much at all, and there's a lot of cross history. Vince dooley was an auburn guy, and pat dye went to UGA (before both became legends at opposite school).

UGA/GT is huger than huge. It's simmered down a tad because we've won 6 straight, but as soon as tech gets one i will hate tech just as much as florida all over again. jeezus screw tech. Our biggest rivalry by far historically, and anytime it's competitive it's our biggest game of the year. UGA/GT somewhat goes into culture clashing a lot as well, with UGA historically being more rural, ag, and liberal arts based, and tech being urban, snooty, and math based. Also Tech suffers from both superiority AND inferiority complexes regarding UGA. It's weird. They act like their [censored] dont stink, but are always somewhat embarrassed of tech as well. I should stop talking because i just hate tech. My dad taught me very seriously when i was just 2 that "georgia tech" was a bad word, and he didn't clue me in to the joke until i was like four. He raised me right, obv.

In levels of loathing, i would currently go

UF
GT
TENN
AUB

just because we've been dominating tech and UF has had our number. under normal circumstances those are reversed imo. this is how it is for pretty muct every team.

So that's four games every year by default that are huge emotional games regardless of how good the teams are, and the players and fans detest each other. And that doesn't count the fact that we play spurrier on USC every year, and are likely to play some other top ten team from the SEC west like LSU, Alabama or whoever it is that year. Plus if you do well you play in a conference championship (which the SEC was the first to do) game AGAIN against a really good team.

yeah, i would say there are more serious rivalries and more emotional games down south than anywhere else. I could be wrong, but i doubt it.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 AM

i'm raising my child like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r7BZI_ROwMo
Old 10-30-2007, 02:07 AM

Uhhh Michigan alone has OSU, ND, MSU, and to a bit of a lesser extent, PSU. OSU and ND are primary. There are quite a few others in the big 10. Minny/Wiscy comes to mind off the top of my head.

Oklahoma/Texas is easily as big as anything in the SEC. Nebraska/Oklahoma is also huge, the Big 12 adopted a weird schedule where they don't play each other every year.

USC/ND is huge. ND has a ton of traditional rivalries as well. You also have thinks like Washington/WSU, ASU/Arizona out there, etc.

There is tons of emotion everywhere, and proclaiming a conference as better than another based on ridiculous subjective things like that is absurd. Maybe some of the examples shown don't mean anything to you, but they sure as hell do to the people there.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 AM

University of Georgia

Football
NCAA Graduation Success Rate 41%
Federal Graduation Rate 39%

Be Proud. Be Very Proud!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Name like 2 other matchups that are anywhere as big as something like UF/UGA or Bama/Auburn, in the big 12 or pac 10?

Michigan/OSU is always big, and that's obvious, but the point is that it's the ONLY one.

The point is that it is all about emotion. Thats what makes good teams great, and what seperates the SEC from everyone else. The tradition, and the rivelries.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you meant that's what makes rivalries great.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a Tebow-led team from the SEC could be competitive with the Dolphins. The Dolphins are pretty damn bad. So are the Rams.

Also, LOL at the pac-10. We eat your children. UCLA is 4-1 in your bitch conference and they lost to ND. NOTRE DAME. Please don't ever talk smack again.

Edited: AND UTAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oregon. game over, see you at the BCS championship this year, o wait none of your [censored] teams are going to make it.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:09 AM

any NFL team >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>> SEC all star sheer size and strength of linemen.