Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 05:27 PM

Default FTP Answers 4/17

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=9805886

1. What's new in this update, Doug?

- Glad you asked, Doug. First of all, a lot of work has been put into choosing better fonts at all table sizes. Hopefully the readability of the text on the tables has gone way up. The default size should look very similar to what it used to look like before the resizable tables release.

You'll also notice that cards and chips are no longer blurry at non-default sizes. The deck has changed a bit to support this, and we plan on making some further improvements to it, but overall you should see a huge improvement compared to what it was yesterday (and far less headaches).

We've made some small steps with CPU utilization and general performance. We plan on addressing this a lot more in later updates.

If you were playing around with fonts in the client.ini file, there's a new way to play around. Look for preferences.orig in the same directory as your FullTiltPoker executable and rename it to preferences.ini. There is a small amount of documentation in that file, hopefully enough to get you started if you want to make changes.

The "Highlight bet amount" functionality has been changed to only highlight the bet amount when you bring an out of focus table into focus and the action is on you. Meaning no longer can you min-raise while chatting on a table and hitting enter. It also means that if you don't multi-table, that option will do absolutely nothing.

2. You didn't address the security issues.

- Not true! I addressed them two Answers threads ago, number 5 at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=9722963

"We actually have a number of security related projects going on and they've all been given a high priority. Some of the first results should be seen in next month's update."

Since that post, "next month's update" has become May or June, but the rest holds true. Many items in big e's post listing the various security upgrades look pretty similar to our projects.

3. What is the status of getting complete tournament summaries?

- Unfortunately, this has fallen behind a bit. We're still working on getting it out, but I can't give any kind of timeline.

4. New US Deposit methods

- More are coming. We're constantly looking to add more deposit methods, and there are a couple in the pipeline.

5. Tourney $$'s

- High priority. We should see these in a couple of months.

6. with the new software update one can't tile the tables for only the ones being played on.

- I don't think this is going to change any time soon, sorry. There was no love for dataminers when I brought it up.

7. the lobby popping up each and everytime a table is opened or closed - very annoying.

- Yep, I'm still trying to get that on the schedule. I think we can come up with a nice option for that, we just need to get to the point where other much higher priority projects are taken care of.

8. Have some of the tables require a min of 50% buy in.

- As others have pointed out, we do have the "deep" tables which require a minimum of 100 BBs. For some reason only the lowest limit (which is the only one that only requires 50 BBs) goes off with any regularity. Hmmm...

9. In response to the reply you gave about the rakeback situation for those who didn't sign up through affiliates: I just read through the last two FTP Answers threads and didn't see any explanation about why this is hard to do.

- Sorry, you're right, I didn't give a very good answer. Here's the issue: We actually tried this already, and it was a huge mess. For about 2 weeks in October, players without affiliates were allowed to move to an affiliate. Our affiliate department was spammed with requests, the message boards were spammed by affiliates just looking to move people, and the whole idea behind the affiliate program (to get new players) took a back seat to this new "land grab." There was a lot of fighting between affiliates and there were a lot of valid complaints coming from players that we couldn't move because they were already associated with an affiliate. The idea was quickly scrapped.

I agree that a lot of high volume players absolutely won't play on a site without rakeback, and everyone loses in those cases. We've been looking into possible solutions for that problem (special bonuses, for example) and will continue to do so, but I don't think we have any intention of opening up the floodgates again of players getting moved to affiliates. I know this isn't a very popular answer, and I'm going to do my best to never answer it again, but hopefully where we're coming from makes some sense.

10. And how about making it so you dont lose all your money if your internet connection disconnects for 3 seconds which is common on DSL!?!?!

- A disconnect timebank is coming in the next major update. Look for that in May.

11. Is there anyway we can choose the way the bonus releases for the next bonus? I hate the 20 dollar increments i much rather have the full release at the end.

- Really? I always thought most people liked increments better than all or nothing. We do have the capability to offer some all or nothing bonuses, and we may do that at some point. No real plans right now, though.

12. Why don't you have .01/.02NL and .02/.05NL like stars?

- A girl has to have some standards.

13. why is it that I can't change mt name but shrugby is allowed too I mean the high stakes games don't genrate much more rake than a 1/2 nl games here is a line from shrugby's blog
switched names to "moneyhungryhoe" and plan on playing under that name this month. I have been trying to change my name forever on ft

- You'll note he's sbrugby again. Sometimes it takes a little while for support to catch those multiple accounts. (He didn't change his name.)

14. WHen I click on layout, none of the toption are available. they are just grayed out. You can not select any of them. Do you have to be seated at real money tables to do this? not wrking for play money tables. Any help would be appreciated

- Are you running Windows 95/98/ME? If so, we don't support resizing tables on those operating systems. Sorry.

15. INSTITUTE THE RULE THAT YOU MUST HAVE THE BUYIN FOR THE TOURNEY TO CHAT IN THE TOURNEY!!!!!

- We have a pretty all-encompassing chat project in the works. It should cut down the spam you see dramatically. I'm not sure when it'll all get implemented, but hopefully within a few months.

16. that is messed up that you only offer bonuses to some people at a time.

- I disagree. Did you get a bonus a few weeks ago? Most people did. Some of the people who didn't or for whatever reason didn't take it were offered another bonus last week. A bonus can be offered for many reasons, and we plan on offering all sorts of weird ones in the future. Sorry if you feel that's messed up.

17. Could you please add 6-max PL Hold 'em tables at the $1/$2 level? Right now they're only at the $.50/$1 level.

- Yes, for sure. We also plan on adding higher PL tables (maybe to 5/10 or so), both 6-max and full ring. Hopefully this week.

Doug
Old 04-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 4/17

Where did the "My Promotions" button go???
Old 04-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Doug, thanks for answers, however...

YOU DID NOT ADDRESS THE LAG. W. T. F.

ALL PROBLEMS are "being worked on." Just fix them already, you are losing business.

That is all.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 PM

EWWWWWW THE CHIPS ARE DISGUSTING.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YOU DID NOT ADDRESS THE LAG. W. T. F

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Read carefully. In issue #1:
[ QUOTE ]
We've made some small steps with CPU utilization and general performance. We plan on addressing this a lot more in later updates.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although this, IMHO, isn't a very good answer, hopefully there WILL be a difference. Maybe they fixed the update issue that required PAHUD to use Flicker-Free? I'll check in a bit.

But right now, I can't download the update. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

EDIT: Nevermind, it's downloading now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can u guys get on Fulltilt right now?/

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Read carefully. In issue #1:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Although this, IMHO, isn't a very good answer, hopefully there WILL be a difference. Maybe they fixed the update issue that required PAHUD to use Flicker-Free? I'll check in a bit.

But right now, I can't download the update. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me 2 dmoogle.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12. Why don't you have .01/.02NL and .02/.05NL like stars?

- A girl has to have some standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a girl needs to make some money for her efforts?