Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Turn freeshowdown/bluff raise 3way

Ok, got pwned on this one, but that's not my question.

BB is 50/30/1, with 50 WtSD over 300 hands, and is living up to his stat line in every way. Villain hasn't been at the table long. For the record I'm about 23/18/2.5 35 WtSD.
Let's assume he knows this but nothing else. What do we think of this raise? My feeling is my folding a better hand + BB having a worse or a split hand is a little too much of a parlay with K hi, but that with an A this has some merit.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Villain calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Villain checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7s 4s (two pair, tens and threes).
Villain has Kd Jh (two pair, tens and threes).
Outcome: Villain wins 12 BB. </font>
Old 02-04-2006, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Turn freeshowdown/bluff raise 3way

eh, what are you gonna do. how often do you get check raised on the turn in a 3 way pot with K high? if it was heads up i'd probably encourage you to call down but it would just be wasteful to have done it there.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Turn freeshowdown/bluff raise 3way

If hes as laggy as you say then it shouldn't take more than a few rounds for any observant opponent in your shoes to never fold a pair here . If I had a TAG image in his shoes I think raising this turn with KJ (as he had) or an ace high is a strong play that I probably wouldn't follow through on if the situation presented itself.

Before I read the results I was planning on dumping to a BB turn raise but 3 betting the turn once it gets back to you.