Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Moving Up Question (Dont know where to post)

It's tough to play with less than a 2bi threshold where you plan on moving back down, I think 3 or 4 full buyins is better for taking a shot. But it doesn't really matter. You could lose 2-3 buyins and be well off enough to keep grinding 10nl without any trouble.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:49 AM

Sorry for the thread hijack but is it stupid to play 50NL when I have 40+ buyins for 100NL? I just feel really comfortable at 50NL and I am beating it at a pretty good clip (about 4.5/100 for the last 50k).
Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the thread hijack but is it stupid to play 50NL when I have 40+ buy ins for 100NL? I just feel really comfortable at 50NL and I am beating it at a pretty good clip (about 4.5/100 for the last 50k).

[/ QUOTE ]

There are far more factors to consider then just number of buy-ins in your BR..I am in the same position..I always play way over rolled for the limit I am playing..I play much better the deeper my roll...For others it's the opposite..The deeper there roll the more they "donk" off saying it's only $50 or so..

Downside to playing over rolled is you(me also) may be selling yourself and your money won short...

Some other factors you need to consider..
1.Can you replenish your BR???? If you can easily then you can play and take shots at higher levels..If you BR can not be replenished you need to play over rolled..
2..What are your winnings used for:
A..Living exp. you'll want a deeper BR
B..Fun and recreation you can take shot more liberally
c..Building roll to play in higher limits...In the middle take disciplined shots but move down quickly..
3..Free Bonus monies and Rakeback
4..Win rate at current level..If only beating current level for 1PTBB/100 but your BR is growing due to #3 you should not move up...Our BR will generally grow far faster then our skill..

What I am trying to say is there are NO set in stone rule that should be adhered to..Everybody situation is different and needs much more analysis then simply I have X amount of buy-ins should I move up..
Old 11-16-2007, 03:12 AM

I've only stayed at 50NL because I feel like I need lots of work (even though I'm winning a bunch) and because I feel comfortable with the stakes. I do think about how my results would look like at 100NL though.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've only stayed at 50NL because I feel like I need lots of work (even though I'm winning a bunch) and because I feel comfortable with the stakes. I do think about how my results would look like at 100NL though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I like to do is take shots at the next level and only play 1 or 2 tables..I will also leave if I win a big pot..Seems contrary to popular opinion but I do not want to have to make a decision for a 150BBs plus when I am ONLY TAKING A SHOT..
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 AM

Nice post KEW..
Old 11-16-2007, 03:22 AM

How long do I have to wait before I can figure out if my results are variance or if I'm actually winning?

I've played 50NL since June and haven't had a losing month yet, I'm up almost 4k, but I feel like I need a lot of work. Should I stay at a level I do well at to work that out vs. making slightly more at the next level?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long do I have to wait before I can figure out if my results are variance or if I'm actually winning?

I've played 50NL since June and haven't had a losing month yet, I'm up almost 4k, but I feel like I need a lot of work. Should I stay at a level I do well at to work that out vs. making slightly more at the next level?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds so much like me it's scary..I sent an e-mail to a friend today saying running GOOT or have I finally figured this "game" out???

I think you should take a shot at the $100s..If it make your stomach turn into mush drop back down..Set a goal of playing a short session and see how you feel..Esp if you are having winning session and are up a couple of buy-ins at the $50s shut down the 50s and open 2 tables of $100NL..I would not reccomend mixing levels play either the $50s or the $100s not at the same time..
Old 11-16-2007, 03:33 AM

only do if you are able to stop if losing
that being said, 280 i would say u could lose 3bi and drop back down, youd end with 200 and that would be sufficient for 10nl
gl
Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 AM

Thanks KEW =)

Hopefully we both get rich at 100NL and can ship ship our way up.

I'm confident I could beat almost any level for a win, however marginal, but I want to win, not just survive. I think I'm spending the rest of the year at 50 and moving up in January. See you 100 ballas then.
Closed Thread