Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Default What theory is this?

I forget what the name of it was, it was mentioned in here a few months back... It was the theory that you "I", were the only true existing person.... Everything and everyone was an illusion created by your mind.... I was just browsing wikipedia about simulated realities, and couldn't remember this theory.... I want to make a point though, that I do not believe in this theory in the slightest, but found the whole simulated reality a unique perspectective....

What about "What the %$^&$% do we know,"..... Anyone catch that movie.... It states that we really have a much more significant impact on our realities that we think....
They did a science experiment in the subway system of Japan, where there were three bottles of waters....

One bottle had the message "I love you, you are great" written on it, one blessed by a buddhist monk, the other "I hate you, you make me sick, I want to kill you". They left these bottles out open to the public for a day... The next day, they used a dark microsocope to view the molecules, and they were all different.... The one with that was blessed and the one with a positive message, had beautiful, symmetrical molecules, but the third one, with the negative message, looked much different, much darker, much more distorted, much less symetrical....

The underlying message to this was, "if our thoughts can do this to water, image what they can do to each other....."
Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: What theory is this?

But were any of the bottles nearer a ladder or a black cat?

luckyme
Old 08-05-2007, 12:32 PM

Solipsism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

Never heard of the bottle experiment, it's going to get a tough audience here (with good reason).
Old 08-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Link to the experiment?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:52 PM

The main force or inspiration behind What the #*&^ Do We Know? was J.Z. Knight. She claims to channel a spirit-warrior named Ramtha who was the ruler of Atlantis. Most of the people being interviewed are J.Z. Knight followers. David Albert accused the film of selectively using parts of speech from his interview to create an impression opposite to what he was actually saying.

Basically its not a film to be taken seriously.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link to the experiment?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the movie "What the %$%#%# do we know." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399877/

If anything, it has some interesting perspectives..... It also speaks of this experiment, which I know is documented, http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:myt...;cd=1&gl=us, that thousands were brought into Washington DC in the early 90s to pray and mediate with the intent to reduce crime.... Well, the crime was reduced by close to 23 percent for that time I believe.... Just google, and you'll see plenty of articles about this experiment. It's also in the movie.....
Old 08-05-2007, 02:38 PM

but yo I've just pointed out that the movie lacks credibility
Old 08-05-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Link to the experiment?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the movie "What the %$%#%# do we know." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399877/

If anything, it has some interesting perspectives..... It also speaks of this experiment, which I know is documented, http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:myt...;cd=1&gl=us, that thousands were brought into Washington DC in the early 90s to pray and mediate with the intent to reduce crime.... Well, the crime was reduced by close to 23 percent for that time I believe.... Just google, and you'll see plenty of articles about this experiment. It's also in the movie.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakonomics makes a convincing argument for legalized abortion being the reason crime decreased so suddenly in the early 90's.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They did a science experiment in the subway system of Japan, where there were three bottles of waters....

One bottle had the message "I love you, you are great" written on it, one blessed by a buddhist monk, the other "I hate you, you make me sick, I want to kill you". They left these bottles out open to the public for a day... The next day, they used a dark microsocope to view the molecules, and they were all different.... The one with that was blessed and the one with a positive message, had beautiful, symmetrical molecules, but the third one, with the negative message, looked much different, much darker, much more distorted, much less symetrical....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is complete, 100%, bulls--t. There is no such things as a "less symmetrical" or "dark" water molecule.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 PM

I am not sure on these exact quote.... But supposedly this was a legit experiment in Japan.... Who knows.... Check out the movie, if you want the exact quote..... Some of it sure does make you wonder, but it is interesting stuff.....