Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: *****Clash of the Titans: NWE @ DAL (Week 6)*****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clash of the real titans, week 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only hope that the Colts are looking to week 9 during week 7. I think someone is gonna suprise alot of people on that monday night.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:40 PM

Is there an official count for dropped passes? How many has T.O. dropped in his career?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 PM

argh. if that colts/pats game was in foxboro i would go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
BEAT
Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clash of the real titans, week 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only hope that the Colts are looking to week 9 during week 7. I think someone is gonna suprise alot of people on that monday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt be a surprise either way.

As for this game, its gonna be a good one.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:53 PM

I just hope the Colts are healthy by then. No reason they shouldn't be. Oh, as for this game it is a good match. Nothing much going on this weekend. Don't have schedule in front of me but iirc no big matchups other than this. The Pats should win with their B- game. Eh, no more talking about this game until Sunday.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 PM

Pats should be a bigger favorite than 5 points.

They're going to come at Romo with so many odd rushes his head will spin. They're not going to let him get away with that rolling out to his right every other snap crap.

My prediction: Romo goes (now remember they'll be trailing the whole game so he's gonna get a lot of throws in) 21/44 with 215 yards 1TD and 2 INTs. Not horrible but nowhere close to beating NE. Also he'll be sacked I'll say "only" 3 times, but obv. he'll be hurried a ton on his throws.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:05 AM

It's not the blitzes which I feel will get to Romo (it'll help). Belichick is very good at mixing up his coverages, and Romo got really flustered with the fake blitzes the Bills threw up against him all game.

On the other end, Dallas's secondary is still questionable. Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin are not very good in coverage, and Eli lit up the Cowboys 2nd and 3rd corners. I think the Patriots handle that cowboy pressure.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:05 AM

pats offense needs to get off to a hot start. none of this sputtering in the red zone crap like they did early against the bills. i know they were trying some different things and playing it conservatively, i just hope they haven't forgotten how to light these [censored] up.

i kinda suspect the cowboys are gonna cover if the line stays bigger than a field goal. i think this one could be close.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i kinda suspect the cowboys are gonna cover if the line stays bigger than a field goal. i think this one could be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol good one.

Pats by 38!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They're going to come at Romo with so many odd rushes his head will spin. They're not going to let him get away with that rolling out to his right every other snap crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

NE is in real real trouble if they do this. He alludes the best DE's and LB's in the NFL--none of them are on NE though they have some playmakers and part of his success come from broken plays. Buffalo didn't get to him by pressure, they dropped a linebacker in coverage b/c he was peppering JDub in the middle of the field--they just disguised some coverages and he made poor choices.

Early this year Jason Taylor (Defensive player of the year) and Zach Thomas (better than any LB on the Pats?) had Romo running all over the field and Dallas' big plays were out of the pocket, broken plays. Chicago tried the same thing and it failed too, Urlacher was puzzled all night.

NE has some scary good cover LB's, take away the middle of the field and they will be fine--keep him in the pocket. Romo won't be nearly as effective if they mix up the coverage than if they mix up the rushes. NE wins this game LDO but yea I think Dallas will at least show up.