Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Define a \"Good Player\"...

I always hear people claim they make moves vs good players as opposed to bad players. How if you are a good player you wouldn't call on the turn in a given situation, etc etc.

When comparing players, people simply say, "Hes a good player, but X is better".

The term "good player" is thrown around all the time, and the definition of a "good player" is subjective. I'm pretty sure that we as SSNLers think of a good player as being much different than how the good MSNLers define a good player. Obv it DOES depend on the level you are playing, where the "average player" definition "increases", and so must the "good player" definition "increase" as well, but I am talking about in a general sense.

Let's try to analyze what makes a player "good". What do we mean when we say a plyer is "good"?

I'm not looking for answers that include preflop stats. Some nits suck, some nits rock (goofy?). Most LAGs suck, and some LAGs rape.

But what do the last 2 sentances mean? What makes some players kick ass, and some players suck, regardless of preflop stats? What, exactly, do we mean when we say, "a good LAG" (or a "good NIT").

This isn't one of those posts where I know the answer and I'm just trying to get it out of you, I don't. I really just want to know how people classify a player as a good one. (I realize this is broad, and I also realize this post might suck, but I don't know how else to word it).

Plz discuss.