Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Default How often do you cry?

Today I got some great but expected news, and on the train home from work I got all emotional and welled up. A couple of tears rolled down my cheeks. I was just thinking about the last few years for me, the difficulties I'd had, and how far I had come, had some emotional music on the ipod and I think it's the first time I've cried from happiness (if that is what you would call it). Crying from sadness is something I dont do often altho Im very emotional and get extremely upset quite often. Losing a close family member or friend would do it tho, amongst other things.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: How often do you cry?

~3 yrs ago in private from a funeral.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:27 AM

Very rarely, though emotional scenes from Chinese soap operas are good at making me wanting to drop tears.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:29 AM

ban pls.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:31 AM

I well up alot at movies (like 1/4 the time dammit) but I cant remember the last time I actually cried tears
Old 02-15-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today I got some great but expected news, and on the train home from work I got all emotional and welled up. A couple of tears rolled down my cheeks. I was just thinking about the last few years for me, the difficulties I'd had, and how far I had come, had some emotional music on the ipod and I think it's the first time I've cried from happiness (if that is what you would call it). Crying from sadness is something I dont do often altho Im very emotional and get extremely upset quite often. Losing a close family member or friend would do it tho, amongst other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

post your story in adsmans thread please
Old 02-15-2007, 12:37 AM

Very, very rarely, although the end of the movie 'A River Runs Through It' can get me every time. I can really let the tears flow if I want to just by watching that.

The first time in years, though, was two weeks ago, after seeing my Mom come out of the OR after 8 hours of emergency heart surgery. She looked like hell, and my sister was with me, and she broke down, and actually almost fainted. I called my dad (parents are divorced), and all of a sudden just lost it on the phone. I was full-out sobbing, after two days of pretty intense emotional swings, and no sleep for like 36 hours.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 AM

i guess i don't understand what's so interesting about knowing how often others cry.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 AM

I cant remember the last time Ive welled up or cried, probably like 7th grade? Luckily though, I havent had anyone in my life that Im very close to die, except for a few great uncles. My dad is a stonewall, Ive never seen him anything but pissed, or happy, I think thats where I get it from.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:46 AM

Random movies get me sometimes. Forrest Gump gets me every time. I think the last time I cried over something "real" was 9/11. That wasn't even sadness really - it was only a couple of hours after the attacks and I was walking back from my canceled class and the enormity of what had happened just kind of hit me all at once. Just like "holy [censored], that really just happened?!?!"
Closed Thread