Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 10:12 PM

Default need help figuring out bonus v rake

I was always told that bonuses > rake. Well, looking at the ongame 15x bonus, i think i figured this out right...it says for every 15 player points i get 1$ in bonus money...i recieve .07 points for every .10 paid in rake
, so i think that means for every 21$ in rake i make 1$

Now if i get 40% rakeback, doesnt that mean for every 21$ in rake i make 8$?

I'm not sure if I figured this out correctly....please help
Old 01-07-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: need help figuring out bonus v rake

21 dollars in rake for the whole table, not just your rake.

Bonuses are not always better then rakeback ( I assume you meant rakeback and not actual rake).

Ken
Old 01-07-2007, 11:32 PM

so for every 21$ in rake for the whole table i make 1$?...sorry, i am still confused [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 02:14 AM

I don't have an answer for your specific OnGame question, but a comment as to bonuses vs rakeBACK in general.

It's not an either/or situation. Pretty much every site offers a sign-up bonus. You can get rakeback at some, typically this does NOT take the place of the site's sign-up bonus. You sign up for the site through an affiliate, and they are the one giving you RB. Most (not all) sites will deduct the bonus before you get the rakeback, but you still get both - you'll just get less rakeback until you finish the bonus. The only thing you're potentially giving up by taking rakeback is an affiliate bonus, depending on the site. For example, PSO offers a free gift OR rakeback at Ultimate. You can get one or the other, not both, but you still get the site's $650 sign-up bonus regardless.

Hopefully that made sense!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:25 PM

well, i have the option right now of clearing a 1k bonus at 15x or getting 40% rakeback. The thing that sucks is that both guys are telling me opposite thing ("no you will make MORE money with ME") because each one wants me to go through him. So i have no idea which one to do. Basically the rakeback guy is saying that I will double what I make as opposed to the bonus. But the pokertracker stats dont make sense?

Rakeback guy says for 20k hands I can make 2k in rakeback. That's almost impossible isnt it???
Old 01-08-2007, 02:23 PM

I don't think Eurobet deducts bonuses from rakeback, so you could try going with them instead? Same network. But I'm not sure you can get 40%, go to a serious place like raketherake.com and check there.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM

yes take eurobet they do NOT deduct bonus from MGR they have a 600$ signup bonus and 30% rakeback with raketherake.

my 2 cents

countjam
Old 01-08-2007, 04:22 PM

rounding all calculations to 2d.p. Well 15 points per $ would mean $21.43 paid in rake by the table with the 40% rake back you only get 40% of your share of that. Different sites calculate your share of that in different ways so lets just use a simple average. Assuming your playing full ring then your share of this is $21.43/10=$2.14 then 40% of this is $.86. Thus you would make more with the bonus however if we asssume the number of players at the table is 5 ie a 5max table on ongame then we get $21.43/5=$4.29 then 40% of this is $1.76 and you would make more with rakeback (the changeover point is 8 players for rakeback to be more worthwhile). I should also note i cant remember how ongame calculate the percentage of the rake that is attributed to you and some sites calculate it based on your contribution to the pot which for a TAG player will mean a lower amount being attributed to them. Hope this helps
Old 01-08-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes take eurobet they do NOT deduct bonus from MGR they have a 600$ signup bonus and 30% rakeback with raketherake.

my 2 cents

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]

so I can get 30% RB + 600$ bonus at the same time?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

my 2 cents

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]

so I can get 30% RB + 600$ bonus at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is right. But there are some bonuses at ongame that is 10* or better, and they are an even better deal. So i would drop your two friends and find some better bonuses elsewhere.

Arthur Dent