Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Default my film project

As some of you know, I've been actively trying to get a film I wrote into production...well, recently the option ran out on a group of investors who couldn't get the job done and I declined to renew it, as I lost faith in their abilities.

So now I've decided to try and raise the money myself.

I'm thinking of doing it as a limited partnership and selling shares in the picture for as low as $5,000 a piece. However, as I'm a filmmaker and not a financier, I have no idea what might be the best way to go about doing this. So if any of you have any ideas or advice you can can give me, that would be great.

I'm in the process of doing a budget but I'm looking to do the picture for anywhere between $400,000 and $1.2 million. The great range in those numbers reflect the possibilities of doing it with and without stars/names, and various technical, location and scheduling choices.

If anyone's interested in giving me any advice or has any question, feel free to write me.

Also, if anyone has a place they can host the script so it's available to read, let me know!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

http://www.f2f2s.com/FE.pdf
Old 04-17-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: my film project

i can host it for you.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:15 PM

Default synopsis

FRANK & ELLIE
by
Dominic Biondi & William Ferguson

A dark, thoroughly twisted black comedy about the nature of good vs. evil, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and taxidermy that answers the question: “who would win in a fight, Spock or Chewbacca?”

Frank is an odd, sixtyish veteran with a hearing aid and prosthetic that makes him limp. He looks a bit like his namesake, FDR, right down to the pince-nez on a chain and the cigarette holder jutting out of his tooth-baring smile. He tends to spatter his speech with words like “whereof,” “stupify” and “damn near.” Frank drives a beat-up ’67 El Dorado in the high desert of California, making his rounds at various rest-stops, diners and dives, topping off condom machines in men’s rooms. It’s his job. Frank’s only companion is his stuffed, dead mongrel mutt that sits in the back window, peering out from where they’ve come. He has a few friends along his route; waitresses, gas jockeys, cops and truckers. He often scrapes up a bit of road kill to use for his taxidermy creations and hands them out as presents. It’s a lonely life, but he seems content with it.
One day, Frank picks up a hitchhiker along the road – Ellie. She’s about 20, smallish, grungy, cute. She’s also completely amoral – a homicidal sociopath. We saw how she dealt with her last ride: murdering two rocker dudes with her big hunting knife, soaking her bloody shorts, top and panties with alcohol, lighting and tossing them into their “Pussy Patrol” van to destroy the evidence. But she got a cool cassette tape out of the mayhem, so it was worth it.
Naturally, we’re a bit worried for Frank but the two seem to hit it off even though Frank only has an 8-track and can’t play her new tape, but Ellie likes his collection of early seventies vanilla pop: Tony Orlando, Helen Reddy, etc. And Ellie, although a bit perplexed by his attitude at first, appreciates Frank not having any interest in her sexually. Frank lectures her about safe sex and the proper use of condoms and Ellie shows Frank how to give yourself a sneezing fit with just an ordinary, everyday vibrator.
But when Frank picks up a belligerent biker we grow even more wary. He insults Frank, gropes at Ellie…hell, some hitchhikers you should never pick up. But just as it seems things are getting out of control, Frank surprisingly kills the biker in a particularly original way. Ellie, is amazed. She wraps her arms around Frank, calling him her hero. When they bury the biker in the desert and Frank offers up a prayer to the Lord, Ellie can tell he’s done this kind of thing before.
Frank explains how he roams these highways, “taking out the trash,” as he calls it, motivated by the actions of an evil hitchhiker who took Frank’s family away from him. It’s his mission in life.
“I do my route, protect these roads from those that need protectin’ from. I don’t choose the converts, I only drive them. It’s God himself who tells me which ones have His mercy and which ones don’t. The Lord’s judgement is just; and if you happen to be sitting in my car, it’s final.”
Ellie’s sold; she wants to join Frank on his mission and give her bloodlust a reason for being. It takes some convincing, but Frank finally agrees , taking Ellie under his wing, showing her the ropes of “God’s work.”
So Frank & Ellie travel the highways, picking up hitchhikers, staying in dingy motels, eating in grungy diners, playing car bingo, and discovering new and wonderful uses for the art of taxidermy. It’s ok for awhile, but as hard as Frank tries to teach his adopted daughter his way of the road, her base nature won’t let Ellie be tamed.
…And in the end, Frank knows that’ll lead to nothing but one thing; something that can’t be helped no matter how hard he tries.
A final confrontation. God will tell him when.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:17 PM

so is this an advice thread, or a spam thread? Currently im confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM

i will buy a $1 share of this excellent movie
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 PM

this sounds awful.

and wouldn't make any money.

but good luck regardless
Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: my film project *DELETED*

Post deleted by Nick B.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Pics of Ellie please.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: synopsis

I'm sold, but I'm broke. Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: synopsis

As an aside, was Sideways a commercial success?
Closed Thread